08-20-2011 01:53 PM
- Hi all,
I have installed Dreamboard and love what I see but whenever I change the theme and lock the device, upon unlock, I can't do anything but enter sbsettings to enter safe mode and remove Dreamboard so that, upon respiring, my iPhone works properly again. Literally, upon unlock, all I can do is unlock the device and swipe the status bar to enter sbsettings. I am unable to launch any apps, swipe screens or have any interaction whatsoever with the Dreamboard theme. Each time I try a new Dreamboard theme and I lock my iPhone, I must enter safe mode and uninstall Dreamboard to use the iPhone again. I'm running 4.2.1, not sure if that makes a difference.
I really like some of the Dreamboard themes and would like to be able to use them so any help is greatly appreciated.
Bryan08-20-2011 12:40 AM
- 08-20-2011 08:35 AM
- It is a legit version of Dreamboard. I have tried turning off all other themes and widgets, all to no avail. I'm not sure what is going on because, when I enter a Dreamboard theme, I see icons on the status bar but I also see icons behind the status bar, if that makes sense. It's like there's something else running in the background preventing me from interacting with the selected Dreamboard theme.08-20-2011 08:38 AM
- It is a legit version of Dreamboard. I have tried turning off all other themes and widgets, all to no avail. I'm not sure what is going on because, when I enter a Dreamboard theme, I see icons on the status bar but I also see icons behind the status bar, if that makes sense. It's like there's something else running in the background preventing me from interacting with the selected Dreamboard theme.08-20-2011 09:34 AM
- I've never downloaded a pirated app.
I have actually removed and reinstalled Dreamboard several times. The only way for the phone to function properly after I get no response from a Dreamboard theme is to enter safe mode, uninstall Dreamboard and respring.
Here's a step by step, in case I'm not being clear:
1. Install Dreamboard
2. Activate Endroid theme (works fine at this point - I can scroll between pages and open apps)
3. Lock device
4. Unlock device
5. Endroid theme is frozen and will not respond to anything (except the ability to use sbsettings)
6. Enter sbsettings to activate safe mode
7. Enter Cydia in safe mode and uninstall Dreamboard
9. Device works fine again (without Dreamboard)
I sincerely appreciate all of the help and hope to get this working as I like what Dreamboard has to offer.08-20-2011 10:35 AM
- Massie, you didn't make feel like a pirate. I understand needing to cover the bases and appreciate the help.
I do not use multiclean.
But, I guess sometimes, it's the simplest of things. After clearing everything installed by Dreamboard and the themes, I reinstalled and am fine now using other themes. Endroid still freezes, though, so it must be something with that theme.
Thank you so much for your assistance!08-20-2011 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD