Upgrade Possible?

TheIphone2k11

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi, i read the sticky's but i'm still a bit confused on something.
I have an iphone 4 with 1.59.00 baseband and 4.0.1 OS, it had already been jailbroken via jailbreakme.com but i'm wanting to upgrade to 4.3.3, however i don't have any of the SHSH blobs and from what i've read it doesn't seem like there is a way to upgrade to 4.3.3 without them... and i want to avoid upgrading to 4.3.5
I also don't want to upgrade and have to jailbreak with tethering.... since i'm untethered atm, i'd like to remain able to boot up my device without my computer...
is this situation possible?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
No. You have to upgrade and re-jailbreak. Since you don't have the SHSH blobs for 4.3.3, you can't stop there... you have to remain where you are, or go all the way to current (atm, 4.3.5).

Reactions: TheIphone2k11

TheIphone2k11

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
after reading your post, i did a google search to see if it was possible to download SHSH blobs and i came across a site that says cydia lists the SHSH blobs you have saved on it's top banner...

I was under the impression i had no saved SHSH blobs because i thought they were something 1) manually saved and 2) saved for and only while you had that current OS... (so in order to have a 4.3.3 blob i would have to save one while running that OS)... but is it possible something i downloaded in cydia saved the blobs for me and that they can be saved from simply syncing phone with itunes on the computer but never upgrading the software?....

If this is all true... (and my cydia shows 4.3.3 on the top) how do i access this SHSH?

Thanks,

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
after reading your post, i did a google search to see if it was possible to download SHSH blobs

Just to clarify, you cannot download SHSH blobs... you either have them saved while Apple is/was signing them or you do not. Apple is no longer signing 4.3.3.

(and my cydia shows 4.3.3 on the top) how do i access this SHSH?

Use TinyUmbrella to pull your SHSH blobs from Cydia and download the 4.3.3 ISPW using some Google-fu.

Reactions: TheIphone2k11

TheIphone2k11

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, i discovered that (the fact that you cannot download them somewhere) while searching, but i'm glad to find out that i do have it somehow autosaved.
Thanks for all the help you two!:)

brutal truth

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Cydia automatically saves them for you. To retain your baseband you will use sn0wbreeze to go to 4.3.3 with an untethered jailbreak. I was on 4.0.1 for a long time and finally got brave and all is good. You got the blobs so you are good to go. Don't use other jailbreak methods or you will lose your baseband.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro