Reasons to jailbreak Apple TV

weblou

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys,
I just got the apple tv. I would like to know what are the best things you get when you jailbreak it.

Thanks

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jersie

Aug 18, 2011
www.facebook.com
im wondering the same thing and hear of names like plex ect but what all can u do different minus stream things like avi's from ur computer?

brutal truth

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Use Air Video from the AppStore to stream avi's or any other format from your computer to AppleTV. It also converts and adds them to iTunes if you want. It works great! I think it's like $3 and worth every cent.

There haven't been enough to reasons to jailbreak it honestly. There are only a couple of things you can do and to me it's not worth the hassle.

weblou

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I been reading a lot about XBMC. Some people say it's worth the jailbreak only for that.
Anyone ever use it? Is It stable? Or it crashes and buggy like some jb apps on the iPhone.

---

Jersie

Aug 18, 2011
www.facebook.com
I been reading a lot about XBMC. Some people say it's worth the jailbreak only for that.
Anyone ever use it? Is It stable? Or it crashes and buggy like some jb apps on the iPhone.

---

wondering the same thing.. also how 2 my apple tv software is 4.3

brutal truth

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
It plays any type of media, right? So does Air Video and you don't have to bother with jailbreaking it. I'd pay the $3 or whatever and save the hassle. I think there's a free version even but I don't know what the limitations are. I haven't used XBMC but I don't know what the difference/benefit would be compared to using something I already know works.

Jersie

Aug 18, 2011
www.facebook.com
Use Air Video from the AppStore to stream avi's or any other format from your computer to AppleTV. It also converts and adds them to iTunes if you want. It works great! I think it's like $3 and worth every cent.

There haven't been enough to reasons to jailbreak it honestly. There are only a couple of things you can do and to me it's not worth the hassle.

i tried lookn that up on my macs app store on my computer and didn't find nothing

brutal truth

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
i tried lookn that up on my macs app store on my computer and didn't find nothing

iDevice App Store....on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Then you install free software on the computer to set up the streaming.

Well it won't let me post links but there's a topic on this site about it. Also if you search Air Video Server in Google you'll find the free computer software you need.

Reactions: Jersie

brutal truth

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Air video server is on your computer. You tell it where your files are. The Air Video app on your iDevice acts as the controller choosing what to play. After choosing click the little icon that directs you to stream it to Apple TV. It's next to the fast forward and looks like a square with a triangle inside. That's the air play icon and you can use it with other apps too including iPod.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
well, I think the best reason to jailbreak the ATV2 is Plex. Plex is a complete media management system that goes well beyond the capabilities of the ATV2 menu system, though I have got handbrake and iFunia to make the Apple TV as a home media centre for my family. With Plex you can also add over a hundred video and image plug-ins to access a whole host of other media and image sources such as CNET, Hula, CNN, MLB.com, YouTube, etc.
Foe more Apple TV tips, turn to this wiki:
AppleTV 2 - AwkwardTV
Guide to jailbreaking ATV2:
Beginners Guide AppleTV2 - AwkwardTV

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal