I got brave and now my phone is stuck in recovery mode

kweaver

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi I have never posted on any forum but It this seems to be where all the knowlegde is . I Jailbroke my phone using redsnow and I accepted the baseband 6.1 big mistake it seems. I was haveing alot of trouble with it so I decided to just go back and restore it using iturnes. Now I know your not supose to do that so my phone is stuck in recovery mode giving the 1015 error I tried many things even reistalling redsnow and it seems like it is working but it goes right back to recovery . Is there away to fix my phone at all jail broken or back to factory defult I dont care . I wish i had left it alone . Thank you

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi I have never posted on any forum but It this seems to be where all the knowlegde is . I Jailbroke my phone using redsnow and I accepted the baseband 6.1 big mistake it seems. I was haveing alot of trouble with it so I decided to just go back and restore it using iturnes. Now I know your not supose to do that so my phone is stuck in recovery mode giving the 1015 error I tried many things even reistalling redsnow and it seems like it is working but it goes right back to recovery . Is there away to fix my phone at all jail broken or back to factory defult I dont care . I wish i had left it alone . Thank you

Your profile says you're on AT&T...can I ask why you wanted to use the iPad baseband? It's usually just used by people who need to unlock their phone for use on another carrier...

kweaver

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
were losing our family plan so I was going to use my phone with to go minutes and I thought i would need to unlock it , but actually i would not because my son just got an iphone and his to go sim card worked fine in it. I really wish i had just left it alone I never do silly stuff like this .

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Use Snowbreeze and create a custom Ipsw then use redsnow to boot to dfu mode only open iTunes and hold shift and restore select your custom Ipsw it will be just like restoring in iTunes ...

Reactions: kweaver

kweaver

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
how do i create a custom ispw? I tried putting the ispw that i used to jail break but it tells me it is not valid .
Im sorry I really dont know anything about this . I really appreciate all the help. I tried the tiny umbrella but it did not work. Thank you again all of you .

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Use google and download snowbreeze

This program will ask for the original Ipsw and use that to create the custom one.

Also what iPhone and software did u have before you tried to restore ?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you have the iPad baseband on your phone the ONLY way you can ever upgrade or restore your phone is by using a custom ipsw made with Pwnage Tool(Mac) or Sn0wbreeze(Windows). An ipsw is the iPhone firmware and you create a custom one with the tools I mentioned. Go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials and go to Tutorial, iPhone and Jailbreak and read one of the Pwnage Tool methods. It doesn't matter which one it is the same process since the beginning. If you can't get Sn0wbreeze I can make you an ipsw email me. Do a search on here for my username I've given out links and this information too many times. Peligro911 is exactly right.

kweaver

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
every time i put the ispw in snowbreeze it tells me it is not vailed . I had 4.21 I used redsnow to jailbreak and unlock . Thank you to you both for the info i will read that and try again . I may end up asking for the ispw if I can not make it work.

kweaver

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
now my phone is suck with the snowflake help

SO i got the custom ipsw and ran restore throught Itunes .I did not put it in dfu mode and now its stuck in snowflake wont turn off or anything if you can tell me how to get out of this i understand the process now.
Thanks so much you all are very helpfull

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
SO i got the custom ipsw and ran restore throught Itunes .I did not put it in dfu mode and now its stuck in snowflake wont turn off or anything if you can tell me how to get out of this i understand the process now.
Thanks so much you all are very helpfull

Try a hard reset hold home and power also try but back in recovery

kweaver

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hold on I tried again after restarating my computer and that worked . I will try the process again thank you . Should I run Snowbreeze again or just put it in dfu mode and load the custom firmware?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
If you have the custom firm ware made you don't need snowbreeze any more use redsnow and select the option boot to dfu mode right now then open iTunes hold shift and click restore and select your custom Ipsw

kweaver

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I put my sim card in and reran the software . It works a big thank you . I hope I can gleen some more information from you all . do you hava any advice on the battery drain or anything that is helpful I dont know much about the apps or programs.Thank you again

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I put my sim card in and reran the software . It works a big thank you . I hope I can gleen some more information from you all . do you hava any advice on the battery drain or anything that is helpful I dont know much about the apps or programs.Thank you again

This is nice to hear, I'm glad you were able to fix it, kweaver. :) When you say battery drain, are you referring to the apps in Cydia that can drain your battery? The main Cydia app that I used and it really drained my battery before the end of the day was, LockInfo. Nice app, but it does drain the battery. After I uninstalled it, my battery life is pretty much back to what it was on stock iOS, maybe a tad bit less.

---
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I actually find Lockinfo to be one of the better apps in regard to battery--I think due to the skills of the dev. I've had other apps that are just tiny tweaks yet still drain battery faster.

If you're interested in giving Lockinfo another go, one thing I would suggest is not loading up a ton of RSS feeds, not having your weather update every five minutes, and so on--in other words, limit the how often it connects to the outside world instead of just your phone's info, and double check the settings (Lockinfo has a LOT of settings options!) to make sure you've got your Dim Delay, etc set up how you'd like.

(Can you tell I like Lockinfo?)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreak Apps that sap your battery

Lockscreen themes which connect to the web for time, weather, etc. unless they have a setting to adjust polling interval

Bytafont - you can get around it by intalling it, downloading and setting your font then uninstalling bytafont. However if you like to change up your fonts then you may have an issue

OpenSSH - If you have it make sure you get SBSettings and turn it off everytime you're finished

Themes - Using too many themes to change too many things is taxing for the system because the theme is over riding the stock icons, sounds, etc. So I usually try to incorporate my theme elements into one or two themes.

I never regulate the official Appstore apps but I always regulate the JB apps only because for me they are apps I only use once a day so they don't need to reside in the app switcher. So once I'm done using it ie. iFile I will go in and kill the app. I also do the complete Cydia updates and then reboot and reboot once all my JB apps and tweaks are installed.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW