I **think** I downloaded SMS tones...

kittycatspawz#IM

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
I'm OLD as dirt, and NEW at this jailbreak thing. I downloaded a couple of SMS tones, but, they don't work, and they don't show up in any part of my iphone except when I go into Winterboard themes and check them. But, they don't play.

Can anyone tell me how to activate these SMS tones? Do I sync? Do I need some kind of purchased package? UGH!! The only thing I know for sure is I NEED HELP!

Thanks to all in advance for helping the crazy old cat woman!
Stephanie

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
They usually get assigned to one of the existing SMS tone -- so for instance my "chime" tone is actually a Droid tone assigned via Winterboard.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. Follow these steps:

Move your SMS tones to the top of the list in Winterboard and make sure they are checked. (You can move them by touching and holding on the box at the right of the theme name in the Select Themes area.) Winterboard will respring your phone when you exit the app.

After it resprings, go into your Settings>Sounds>Text Tone and try going through them one by one. Chances are your downloaded SMS tones have replaced one or more of those. When you find the one you want, just choose it!

kittycatspawz#IM

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
Goody Goody Goody!!! I just don't know what this old woman would do without y'all to help an old gal out!! hehe Thanks so much! Y'all made my knight!!
Steph

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods