Trouble using redsn0w to change baseband

BkCrackberry

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
hey guys, forgive me if this has been answered already but I've been searching and searching and cannot find a solution. I have the iphone 3gs 4.2.1(8C148a) running 05.15.04 already jailbroken using greenpois0n. In the end I'd like to have the phone unlocked for tmobile and jailbroken using greenpois0n. The main problem I'm having is with pointing redsn0w to the current firmware... I've downloaded firmware packages from links on this site and others none seem to save as an .ipsw file. If someone could take the time to help me with a step by step walkthrough it would be very much appreciated, as I said before Iapologize if this is a duplicate post but again Icouldnt fine any helpful solutions as of yet. Thanks again

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
If ur using Internet explorer is saves as a zip u need to change it to a Ipsw just by changing the file name

Or another way is to use a diff browser like firefox or safari

BkCrackberry

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
so now im able to pick the .ipsw file in redsn0w after downloading from firefox, after selecting ONLY Install ipad baseband redsn0w program keeps freezing, I'm sorry I'm most definitely a noob at this i really would like to get rid of my crapberry and get this iphone working.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
If I was you I would go to iTunes and restore back to 4.21 factory then I would jailbreak with redsnow not green poison then after the jail break is done re run redsnow and select just update baseband this way has worked for me numerous times

BkCrackberry

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
If I was you I would go to iTunes and restore back to 4.21 factory then I would jailbreak with redsnow not green poison then after the jail break is done re run redsnow and select just update baseband this way has worked for me numerous times

I never had shsh blobs saved for 4.2.1 because i just got the phone a few days ago and i believe because apple isnt signing that fw anymore its impossible for me to restore to 4.2.1 again correct?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods