Wallpaper question

phix95

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
This is probably a newbie question but how/what can I use to get a wallpaper behind my icons (eg, not just the lock screen) instead of the normal black? Is that through Cydia? I don't want to change the icons necessarily, just the wallpaper (for now). I think you can do this easily on the newer iphones but I have a jailbroken iphone 3gs.
Thanks

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
You don't have to be jailbroken to change the wallpaper. Select a picture from your phone, or add one to your phone from the internet, tap on the icon way on the left, tap on "use as wallpaper", tap on "set", tap on "set home screen". Now you're good to go! Enjoy.:D

phix95

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
No that's not what I mean. That's why I said "not just the lock screen" or eg home screen, but behind the ICONS, once you unlock the phone. All you usually get is a black background. I want to change that. I hope this is clear enough. I can't post links b/c I dont' have enough posts. But I mean like the android phones...they have this feature built in, even animated.

How can I do that? The previous owner I bought mine from had some stuff, I'm guessing from the Cydia thing, downloaded onto it and it changed the wallpaper but it changed the icons as well and made it unreadable, which I don't want.

iMalum

Jul 21, 2011
iphonechroniclr.wordpress.com
@Grunt0300 was right. When you go to Settings, and then "Wallpaper," you have the option to choose a wallpaper for your lock screen AND your home screen. That is, without having to jailbreak.

However, I think I know what the problem is. Wallpaper on the home screen (not the lock screen) is only available on iOS 4. Also, you need to have an iPhone 3GS or an iPhone 4 in order to set wallpaper for your home screen. If you have an iPhone 3G (or the original iPhone), you won't be able to use this feature. While the iPhone 3G is capable of upgrading to iOS 4, Apple didn't include the wallpaper feature in the upgrade (I guess Apple discovered that the phone's hardware wasn't able to run as they expect with wallpaper 'behind the icons.').

I hope this helps you out...

Reactions: anon(631531)

phix95

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. Well I'm able to do something like it with a 'theme' the previous owner downloaded onto it if I go to Winterboard > select themes > select from list. You can't see what they are until its applied and sometimes they're a bit screwy. Anyone know how to get more through Winterboard?
(And I apologize...I thought the home and lock screen were the same thing. in all my posts I was referring to the home screen that's all black.)

Last edited:

iamjose

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I had a different wallpaper question but didn't want to start a new thread...

Is there a legit app (not jailbreaking) that can automatically switch my wallpaper if I assign it a specific folder to view.

I was able to do this with my palm pre app called switcharoo...

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iamjose

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok... Im jail broken now. Is there an app on cydia that would switch the wallpaper every day or hour if I assign a folder to it?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok... Im jail broken now. Is there an app on cydia that would switch the wallpaper every day or hour if I assign a folder to it?

There is a program called multiwall, but not Exactly what you are looking for... These 4 photos are my lockscreen, my first page, my second page and my background... The wallpaper is on top of the background, but behind the icons... I don't know if you can HTML the wallpaper to get a rotating wallpaper every hour or so... But you might be able too... Also they might update multiwall to make that feature easier
Edit: apparently my photos didn't upload properly...
475e30d4-6f79-a969.jpg
lockscreen
475e30d4-6f8d-f780.jpg
page1
475e30d4-6f9c-0ad2.jpg
page2
475e30d4-6faf-8f73.jpg
background

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online