Lockinfo Clock Hide

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I thought I'd streamline my jb apps by using Lockinfo's built-in Clock Hide instead of the separate Clock Hide app, but I can't seem to get it working. I go to Settings>Lockinfo>Lockscreen>Layout>Hide Lock Clock and turn it On, but my lock screen clock never disappears.

I've tried resprings and reboots but nothing changes. Meanwhile, the standalone app works fine...what am I missing?

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I thought I'd streamline my jb apps by using Lockinfo's built-in Clock Hide instead of the separate Clock Hide app, but I can't seem to get it working. I go to Settings>Lockinfo>Lockscreen>Layout>Hide Lock Clock and turn it On, but my lock screen clock never disappears.

I've tried resprings and reboots but nothing changes. Meanwhile, the standalone app works fine...what am I missing?

That's exactly the way that i have it, and it works fine. Appearance:lock first section, should be OFF. Reset to top:should be ON. Sorry i couldn't help.:(

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you have Lockinfo on your lock screen? I thought that might have something to do with (I don't but can call it up with an Activator gesture) but toggling the Enable switch for Lockscreen doesn't seem to matter in regard to the clock hide issue.

Also tried uninstalling both apps and reinstalling Lockinfo and disabling my Winterboard themes; no luck. It's funny how the little bugs drive you nuts...

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Do you have Lockinfo on your lock screen? I thought that might have something to do with (I don't but can call it up with an Activator gesture) but toggling the Enable switch for Lockscreen doesn't seem to matter in regard to the clock hide issue.

Also tried uninstalling both apps and reinstalling Lockinfo and disabling my Winterboard themes; no luck. It's funny how the little bugs drive you nuts...

Yeah, i've got Lockinfo on my lock screen.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
That's great but I do like Lockinfo and want to use it. I'm using LS clock hide already but want to use the built in one instead. They're by the same developer, by the way.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I might have been misunderstanding something...I had thought that I could use the Clock Hide setting in the Layout screen whether or not I was actively viewing Lockinfo on my lockscreen, but I think I was mistaken.

In other words, I don't always have Lockinfo showing on my lockscreen--when I want to view it I toggle on the visibility with an Activator gesture...my clock does go away when I do that, but comes back when I dismiss Lockinfo. Conclusion: the clock is only hidden when Lockinfo is actually appearing on the lockscreen. Correct?

I was confused because with LS Clock Hide my clock is always hidden, and since they are by the same dev I assumed they functioned the same way.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Can another lockinfo user confirm or deny this for me? I'll be in your debt.

If you DISable lockinfo, and ENable clockhide, then no clock will appear on your lockscreen. When you toggle on lockinfo, the clock will appear, even if the clock is disabled. That's the way mine works. Sorry if this doesn't help, but i'm getting a headache.:p

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I think that is my issue...I thought I could use lockinfo's clock hide on the lockscreen WITHOUT having lockinfo itself enabled on the lockscreen. That doesn't seem to be the case.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I think that is my issue...I thought I could use lockinfo's clock hide on the lockscreen WITHOUT having lockinfo itself enabled on the lockscreen. That doesn't seem to be the case.

Personally, i like having the clock on the lockscreen. If you add LockSeconds through Cydia, you get the seconds added on to the clock. Glad i could help.:)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I like it too, I just want to be able to place it wherever I want in a theme, like so:

0CCX7.jpg

So for me the separate Clock Hide app is the way to go. By the way, I just got an email back from David Ashman confirming what I thought; he writes: "That is correct. The clock is only hidden when Lockinfo is showing."

If only all devs were as patient and helpful as Ashman!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro