Jailbreaking VZW 4.2.10 with redsn0w 0.9.8b4

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, but I find it hard to beleive that they'd make us wait that long to re-jailbreak our phones. What would they be working on till then? Screw jailbreaking iOS 5 beta 5 cause thats temporary, meanwhile 4.2.10 is getting overlooked

c8169

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
somebody has to have an answer why mobile substrate will put 4.2.10 jailbreak into a boot loop at the pineapple screen

Seven77

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to iOS, does apple release the os publicly when device launches or before/after?

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Seven77

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
So we won't see iOS 5 publicly until they announce iPhone 5? Day of?

---

MDBailey87

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Have found a semi-work around to the reboot issue with cydia. If you download the .deb file from the hackstor website and open iFunBox then drag the .deb file to the Cydia App Install section you can power off the device and reboot using redsn0w and the apps will be installed!

MDBailey87

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I am having some trouble getting this method to work for all apps. biteSMS was my main focus, and i've only been able to get v5.0 working, and not as the default SMS app. I am very new to the jailbreaking process. Will continue to play around with this method, and hopefully someone a bit more experience will be able to improve it.

Seven77

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I am having some trouble getting this method to work for all apps. biteSMS was my main focus, and i've only been able to get v5.0 working, and not as the default SMS app. I am very new to the jailbreaking process. Will continue to play around with this method, and hopefully someone a bit more experience will be able to improve it.

That's awesome! Please keep at it. :D

---

Tpthai

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

Yea i tried this method also, install iblacklist this way but for some reason i couldn't get it to activate. not sure why, it just keeps saying that i need to restart in order to connect to blacklist severs. i will try on other apps and see what i get. but thanks for this MDbailey87!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative