4.3.5 jailbreak with no power button

woody182#IM

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
hi all, not used this site before, hope its helpful. i jailbroke my phone a few months back, but my power/ lock button broke about 3 weeks ago. meaning i cant turn off my phone or lock it. i had an idea to download an app from cydia called quick lock pro or something where it adds an app that locks your phone. it solved all my problems. except i then decided to download an app to customise my lock so you dont swipe across but create a pattern to unlock. for some reason once i had locked my phone. this thing came up and i had no way of unlocking my phone. so ive had to do a restore and update.

now, i need to jailbreak my phone (i need a lock button app) without having to click the power button, and my phone is updated to the 4.3.5 version.

anybody now how to do this? i tried this blackra1n thing but it doesn't work.

thanks in advance

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
There currently is no untethered jailbreak for 4.3.5. Redsn0w will do a tethered jailbreak, I think, but you need the power button to put the phone in DFU mode.

You'd be better off going in to the Apple store and explaining about your broken lock button (don't mention Jailbreaking) and see what they have to say. You never know, they may replace it. It will all depend on who you talk to.

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
apple will replace it if under warranty for free, or if you can use tinyumbrella to go into recovery mode and if you have shsh saved, maybe you can go to 4.3.3 and use jailbreakme.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2