New Iphone 4 user need help Jailbreaking!

olskoolfool

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the Iphone 4 coming from a Rooted Droid. Hated the buggyness of the Droid and loving the Iphone 4. I also purchased an Ipad 2 with no problem jailbreaking. So first thing I did was try to jailbreak it. Its a Verizon Iphone 4 version 4.2.1.
I download Greenp0sin for windows and everything went as it was suppose to UTIL the Iphone rebooted. It reboots and then displays and stays on the screen that says "connect to itunes". I then have to connect to itunes and restore the iphone. I went thru the Jailbreak process several times with this same result.
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!?

Any help/advise woould be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Mac

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
+1 for redsn0w, or you could also try using the Fix Recovery tool from Tiny Umbrella. Do you know offhand if there are any saved SHSH blobs for your phone? If so you might consider upgrading your software to a later version.

olskoolfool

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I check for updates on iTunes I get a msg that 4.2.1 is the latest version. Is this the latest Verizon version? I'll try jailbreakimg with reds0w and see how that goes.

Thanks
Mac

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Wait...do you have 4.2.1 or 4.2.10? They aren't the same. If you're on verizon I'm assuming you mean 4.2.10?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Wait...do you have 4.2.1 or 4.2.10? They aren't the same. If you're on verizon I'm assuming you mean 4.2.10?

Thinking the same thing don't think it's possible to load that os to a phone that never had it and it being the CDMA version if it's 4.2.10 not sure if there's a un tethered JB or not