ifaith help

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
trying to make custom 4.0.2 for iphone 4, found blobs and everything goes well, Ive done this before but it ends up stuck in dfu loop....Ive ran this twice, and even have used "fixrecovery.exe" but nothing works....any advice?

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Tried the new one and it installs like normal but when done permanent DFU mode like previous attempts.

Recommend NOT using this unless you want to risk bricking the phone.

Just wanted to bump this because the new ifaith is out and the issues seem to all be fixed.

Boomhauer

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Tried the new one and it installs like normal but when done permanent DFU mode like previous attempts.

Recommend NOT using this unless you want to risk bricking the phone.

Read the instructions. You're using the wrong certificate. Click "no" when it asks you next time.

Last edited:

Boomhauer

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Im not sure what you mean by this. What certificate do you refer to?

When you create your custom ipsw it will ask you if you want to use the default certificate. You click "no" because the default one in our case causes the dfu loop (there is a factory and default cert. Ours is the factory one because when we got our phones we dumped the shsh without updating or restoring first).

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
When you create your custom ipsw it will ask you if you want to use the default certificate. You click "no" because the default one in our case causes the dfu loop (there is a factory and default cert. Ours is the factory one because when we got our phones we dumped the shsh without updating or restoring first).

I did it from the beginning but it never asked me about a cert. Any idea how to get it to so I can say no to default?

Boomhauer

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I did it from the beginning but it never asked me about a cert. Any idea how to get it to so I can say no to default?

Hmm it should ask the moment you load your blobs in 1.3. Are you using the blobs your dumped from ifaith 1.2?
If you don't get a prompt when building the ipsw you should tweet the dev @iH8sn0w, because I'm sure he would be interested. Everyone I saw tweet about the dfu issue seems to have it solved after the new version (I'm not saying that to rub it in :p I just mean that you shouldn't worry because as long as you have your shsh saved there is almost certainly a way out).

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
YEs I used 1.3 to get the blobs and build ipsw

no prompt or choice

still results in dfu

I'll tweet him, thx

Hmm it should ask the moment you load your blobs in 1.3. Are you using the blobs your dumped from ifaith 1.2?
If you don't get a prompt when building the ipsw you should tweet the dev @iH8sn0w, because I'm sure he would be interested. Everyone I saw tweet about the dfu issue seems to have it solved after the new version (I'm not saying that to rub it in :p I just mean that you shouldn't worry because as long as you have your shsh saved there is almost certainly a way out).

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Use the original blobs you got with 1.1 or 1.2 (you got the blobs and were stuck in dfu mode before 1.3 was released so assume you still have them).

yeah Ive tried that and it doesnt do anything different. I could fix with snowbreeze but cant until a new one is put out.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77