CallBar- Amazing Tweak

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I do not know how I lived before this tweak. Ever been in an important email or the middle of a serious game and get a call. I always hated how it took over the screen and interupted me. Well this tweak alters that behavior by making each call show up as a little bar at the top and you can answer or dismiss the call all while still doing what you need to do. No rude interuptions just a nice little notification that lets you continue what you are doing or answer the call.

I would rate this as one of my most essential tweaks.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
holy crap! that is amazing. from what i have been reading it will work on iOS 5 when released.. can anyone confirm this?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i have been reading reports of people with iOS 5 (beta) trying to purchase this in Cydia without any success due to Cydia not recognizing the OS

of course some people have resorted to the cracked version as a work around

maybe Apple can "borrow" this tweak before the final release :D

Joshua Tucker

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
In regards to iOS 5:

It will be compatible on 5.x upon release (it is compatible now however we're unable to distribute it due to NDA).

Expect some good things for CallBar upcoming soon.

Joshua Tucker
Concept Idea/Designer of CallBar
Twitter: @sh8kespeare

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Joshua, thank you for the information. i always appreciate when developers chime in on forums to support their work

i will be looking forward to this tweak when 5.0 is released

during the meantime.. need some beta testing?? :)

Joshua Tucker

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
For anyone interested, here are a few helpful links (due to my limited posts, the forums will not allow me to directly link. I apologize for the inconvenience):

CallBar User Guide: Search "CallBar User Guide" on Google

This guide is for learning how to use CallBar effectively - what does each button do, and what do the Settings in the Settings.app change in terms of functionality.

CallBar Theming Guide: Search "CallBar Theming Guide" on Google

If you are really into theming or just want to add a new look to CallBar, use the theming guide. It gives you step-by-step instructions on how to make a theme for CallBar (including locations of the .png files) and how to create a WinterBoard package for it.

Joshua Tucker
Concept Idea/Designer of CallBar
Twitter: @sh8kespeare

P.S. BLiNK, if we do decide to do beta testing, it will probably be announced on Twitter or on my Google+ page. Get on either of those and you will know if we decide to open it up.

Reactions: BLiNK

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i have yet to see it in person as i have iOS 5 (beta) installed but looking at the videos it appears it is the same size as the notification bar in iOS 5, i see no problems with it whatsoever

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
i have been reading reports of people with iOS 5 (beta) trying to purchase this in Cydia without any success due to Cydia not recognizing the OS

of course some people have resorted to the cracked version as a work around

maybe Apple can "borrow" this tweak before the final release :D

I wanted to check it out before i bought it, but couldn't find a repo with a trial version.

psywzrd

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Crashes my phone every single time on incoming calls. That's why these apps need a trial period - I shelled out $4 for this thing and I can't even use it.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Crashes my phone every single time on incoming calls. That's why these apps need a trial period - I shelled out $4 for this thing and I can't even use it.

Thanks for the info. I'll pay for all my apps, but i want a trial first. If i have to temporarily use a cracked version before i buy, then so be it!

psywzrd

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I'll pay for all my apps, but i want a trial first. If i have to temporarily use a cracked version before i buy, then so be it!

I don't do cracked apps either but in a case like this where there are so many reports of crashing, I wish I had tried it first. If you can find a cracked version, definitely try it and only buy it if it works. Or just wait for them to fix the bugs and then maybe buy it then. It's a great concept but only if it works.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
callbar update

After testing this app, here is what i've found. It works as advertised, but it does not play nice with another app that i have called "CallTell". CallTell announces the caller's name before the phone rings, and it's worth every bit of $1.99. CallBar, when calltell is enabled, gives my iPhone the dreaded "white screen of death". Every BB user knows about that! I don't have as many apps as some people, so i can't say what else callbar does not play nice with, but it doesn't work for me. Hope this helps some people. Many thanks to "Coastie" for helping me out.:)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
grunt, thanks for looking into this. whenever a "new" tweak comes out and looks "great" first impulse is to buy it--NOW. unfortunately it appears the consumer has now became the beta-tester

i am sure it will end up being a great tweak as advertised. if/when a untethered JB for iOS 5 comes out i am sure it will be in great shape by then.. then again, the longer i stay Pure the more i wonder if i need to jailbreak. weird

Reactions: anon(631531)

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
My question is have any of you that are having issues have you contacted the dev? I know Josh Tucker has been quick to respond to bug and support issues over twitter. And with the proliferation of software and how they interact with one another it is almost impossible to test all scenarios, especially if you can't access any of the source code from another dev. It is frustrating to end users but you can only put out your best product and then fix some bugs as they pop up after trying to trouble shoot the interation between the two programs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh