BiteSMS causing issues with badges?

dBMan

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this or not. I have been seeing the badges on BiteSMS intermittently not clearing after I've read a message. I have to actually delete the message from either Bite or the stock Messages app. Anyone else seeing this? It seems to have started with a recent BiteSMS update, but I'm not positive. I've about to restore to 4.3.3 with TinyUmbrella (currently on 4.1) and re-jailbreak. Hopefully this will fix it, but I wanted to know if anyone else is seeing this. Thanks!

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I've had this a few times with the stock app (and once, I think, with BiteSMS). It cleared once a new message came in or I rebooted the phone.

ARSkemp

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me recently. I've been using Bitesms for about 4-5 months and about 3-4 days ago was the first and only time it happened.

I was able to solve the problem by using an app called Unread SMS Fixer. I got it from the iSpazio repo (http://repo.ispazio.net). This will only help solve the problem after it occurs though, it will not prevent it from coming back again.

Supposedly this problem occurs when both the messages app and bitesms (or any other messages alternative) try to access the same file that contains the message data at the same time. I am not sure why it happened to me since I avoid the messages app completely, but if you use them interchangeably then that might be something to look into.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods