3GS 4.1 upgrade to 4.3.3 and jailbreak

dBMan

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm kicking myself for missing the window to upgrade to 4.3.3 "officially" and now that 4.3.4 is out and Apple is apparently not signing 4.3.3 anymore, i'm hoping someone can confirm if this is my best upgrade path:

I have my SHSH blobs saved on Cydia for 4.3.3. I have downloaded them to my laptop (Win 7) using TinyUmbrella. So my assumption is I can use TinyUmbrella to restore my phone to 4.3.3 using the first procedure below, and then jailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 following the second link below. Am I missing anything? I have a 3GS running 4.1 currently jailbroken with limera1n and with modem firmware 05.14.02. I do not need to unlock. I want to restore as a new phone not using a backup - I haven't done it this way in the past and I think I have some bugginess by using backups from prior jailbreraks.

Thanks!

[How-To] Using tiny umbrella to update/downgrade/restore

How to jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 untethered via redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 [updated] | TiPb

dBMan

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! Will prob make the attempt tonight. Always makes me nervous to think of restoring and not using a backup...

dBMan

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Do I need an active Internet connection whan I do this? I have all the files on my laptop but where I am today I don't have an Internet connection.

oskdevil

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
hi dbman
brother can you share the experience of updating because i also need to update my ios from 4.3.1 to 4.3.3 because of gps issues. and when you used tiny umbrella did you make any modifications to itunnes and if you can provide a detailed guide of updating it would be great
thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods