Erase ALL info on iPhone

jayhawkfan18

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I am jailbroken with greenpois0n and running 4.2.6 and need to completely wipe my device without plugging it up to iTunes. If I go into Settings>General> Reset & choose "Erase all content and settings" will this accomplish what I am wanting? Will I lose jailbreak?

TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you will lose jailbreak. When you erase all content and settings it forces your phone into recovery mode. You will end up having to plug your iPhone into iTunes and restoring it.

Last edited:

jayhawkfan18

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Will just removing my contacts, email Accts, photos etc manually be ok or would that leave some valuable info on my iPhone? I would log out of iTunes as well...

wsm23#IM

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I made this mistake a long time age and found out the hard way, Just restore and re-jailbreak like Alli suggested. :)

jayhawkfan18

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I was trying to wipe it without going home & connecting it to my PC. But to be safe I guess I'll just take the time to do that. How long does it take to restore? I don't need to jailbreak again after that. I'm just pressed for time today & need to get this done...

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Depends. If it's a straight Restore as New and doesn't encounter any issues it could be done within 30 minutes. If it does have any kind of issue...it could very well be much longer than that.

wsm23#IM

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
The problem is the Jailbreak, it will not allow you to do a restore through the phone. If you do, it will take you straight to the Apple screen. You really have no choice but a restore through your computer. A restore for me usually takes about 15 minutes or so, maybe a little longer if you have to download the firmware.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Actually without going home if you found another computer with iTunes and connected up and synced it, it would tell you that you're syncing with a new library and this will wipe everything off the phone. You could also just hit restore and it would return it to when you first got it home. You don't need to do this specifically from your machine unless you plan to restore something or sync before you wipe it and by the sounds of it you don't.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2