Using verizon ipad2 in Italy?
I unlocked my iPhone, and plan to place a Italy sim card
I have mywi on the iPhone
Does anyone think I can use it as a hotspot and use my iPad in Europe?
Or does anyone have any other ideas?
Also can anyone recommend any cool apps that would help me in Italy
Thank you all
- 07-20-2011, 02:41 PM #2
Not sure about your SIM issue, but as far as a few good apps for Italy:
- iCorriere.it - Italian Newspaper
- Il Sole24 ORE - Italian Newspaper
- Lonely Planet Italian Phrase Book - Unless you know how to speak Italian.
- Qype - European equivalent of Yelp or so advertised.
- Google Earth
- Depending on what cities you are visiting I am sure there are apps for them. I know Venice has a beautiful one.
- Apple has some suggestions as well: Apple - iPhone - Apps for Traveling
- 07-20-2011, 03:32 PM #3
If you're using an Italian plan for calling on your iPhone (which I'm assuming is not Verizon) that includes data, then I don't see any issues with what you're describing. Just keep an eye on that data usage. That or try to find Wifi hotspots.
- 07-21-2011, 08:02 AM #5
- 07-21-2011, 08:24 AM #6
- 07-21-2011, 11:25 AM #7
- 07-21-2011, 10:14 PM #9