Certain Apps opening for 2 seconds and then closing(crashing)-help, please

pullum

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
This behavior is occurring on a few of my apps. I purchased Real Racing 2 and Spider Man and they are both affected as well as others. RR after the latest update. This was not an issue before my JB. I've tried a reset as well as reinstalling each affected app, no dice.

Thanks for any help in advance guys

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Maybe the apps are not compatible with the jailbroken phone? Or maybe the jailbreak borked something... you could always restore the device, confirm the apps work, then "lather, rinse, repeat" and see what happens. It may take some time to do, but only you can say whether or not it's worth the effort.

pullum

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I can confirm they work pre-JB
But, I was hoping someone had been through this same issue before and could point me to a fix in Cydia or something similar without having to re do everything. Thanks

And it's the iPad 2

pullum

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Ive installed a few. I started removing the last few I installed, but had no success after 5 and decided to come here and ask. Do any packages have a history of this effect?

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes, Ive installed a few. I started removing the last few I installed, but had no success after 5 and decided to come here and ask. Do any packages have a history of this effect?

it probably is an app you installed that is interfering with those apps that crash. I know its PITA but try removing all the cydia apps.

Failing that restore and jb again and don't install anything and see if you have similar issues.

tkistre

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Curious if you have AT&T or Verizon iPhone? And, did you use JailBreakMe? Reason I ask, is I have Verizon iPhone and tried JailBreakMe. Had lots of stability problems. For what I've read, it hasn't affected many AT&T users, mainly Verizon iphones. Once I removed JailBreakMe, restored, then use redsn0w, I have had no more stability issues. Mine runs like a top!

pullum

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
it probably is an app you installed that is interfering with those apps that crash. I know its PITA but try removing all the cydia apps.

Failing that restore and jb again and don't install anything and see if you have similar issues.

Almost done, a few more to go. There MUST be a quicker way. I restart and check after removing each app :/

pullum

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok, it was the Activator tweak (1.5.5)

After removing, everything works. Now I need to re-ad my clockup :)

Unfortunately, my SB access is nerfed :(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73