Custom font with custom LS?
I'm trying to use a font I downloaded off bytafont for my Lock screen (iNaturr) and I replaced the original font name with my desired one but it didn't work. can anybody help me out with this? Thanks
The font I want to use is called 'Dina' in case anybody was wondering
I did a quick search on the forum and couldn't find anything, if I'm wrong feel free to link me to the thread!
- 07-16-2011, 10:23 PM #2
I just went through this issue with Slanted lock. The only thing I could do was change the font family in the html code after SSH'ing into my phone.
I know lockinfo adopts font type from bytafont. With some research we could probably find out how and implement the same functionality to other apps. This is all theory here, but I hope to start a convo to get you a good answer.
There is also fontswap. I haven't played with this app much, but I am sure it would have different tid bits than bytafont. You could try to use both to get the desired effect.
Good luck. If I find anything I will update this post.
I'll try out FontSwap, I'll update here as well if anything notable comes up
Edit: Also, where did you find the HTML code to change your font? I was looking all over iFile to try and change the font colors, but I couldn't find it.. It wasn't under LockBackground.html or config.html
Last edited by gbons; 07-17-2011 at 11:50 AM.
- 07-17-2011, 12:32 PM #4
Found this post over at whirlpool forums. Thanks to Lofi01..
found this handy website with a very nice collection of compatible ios4 Fonts works fine on iphone4 v 4.0.1, very easy process all you need is a jail-broken iphone with openssh installed & a shh program i personally use i-funbox (shh with usb application)
* go to the folder /System/Library/Fonts/Cache
* if you haven’t already done so, backup the default font files (Helvetica.ttc – MarkerFeltThin.ttf – LockClock.ttf – PhonepadTwo.ttf – HelveticaNeue.ttc – PhoneKeyCaps.ttf) to a safe place or rename them
* copy to /System/Library/Fonts/Cache the font files only, i.e. the ttc/ttf files mentioned above
* respring your iPhone (use SBSettings or simply select-deselect a theme in Winterboard and exit)
* ..done! Enjoy your new fonts!
Fonts | iPhoneRuler
i-funbox instructional video
i-FunBox | File Manager, Browser, Explorer, Transfer Tool for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch via USB