Custom font with custom LS?

gbons

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to use a font I downloaded off bytafont for my Lock screen (iNaturr) and I replaced the original font name with my desired one but it didn't work. can anybody help me out with this? Thanks

The font I want to use is called 'Dina' in case anybody was wondering

I did a quick search on the forum and couldn't find anything, if I'm wrong feel free to link me to the thread!

ProEvo

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I just went through this issue with Slanted lock. The only thing I could do was change the font family in the html code after SSH'ing into my phone.

I know lockinfo adopts font type from bytafont. With some research we could probably find out how and implement the same functionality to other apps. This is all theory here, but I hope to start a convo to get you a good answer.

There is also fontswap. I haven't played with this app much, but I am sure it would have different tid bits than bytafont. You could try to use both to get the desired effect.

Good luck. If I find anything I will update this post.

Reactions: gbons

gbons

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I'll try out FontSwap, I'll update here as well if anything notable comes up

Edit: Also, where did you find the HTML code to change your font? I was looking all over iFile to try and change the font colors, but I couldn't find it.. It wasn't under LockBackground.html or config.html

Last edited:

ProEvo

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll try out FontSwap, I'll update here as well if anything notable comes up

Edit: Also, where did you find the HTML code to change your font? I was looking all over iFile to try and change the font colors, but I couldn't find it.. It wasn't under LockBackground.html or config.html

This was the font code for slanted lock not for the system. For slanted lock you go into your themes folder and edit the font family in the /privagte/css sheet in the slantedlock theme folder.

Found this post over at whirlpool forums. Thanks to Lofi01..

found this handy website with a very nice collection of compatible ios4 Fonts works fine on iphone4 v 4.0.1, very easy process all you need is a jail-broken iphone with openssh installed & a shh program i personally use i-funbox (shh with usb application)

lofi01 writes...

* go to the folder /System/Library/Fonts/Cache
* if you haven?t already done so, backup the default font files (Helvetica.ttc ? MarkerFeltThin.ttf ? LockClock.ttf ? PhonepadTwo.ttf ? HelveticaNeue.ttc ? PhoneKeyCaps.ttf) to a safe place or rename them
* copy to /System/Library/Fonts/Cache the font files only, i.e. the ttc/ttf files mentioned above
* respring your iPhone (use SBSettings or simply select-deselect a theme in Winterboard and exit)
* ..done! Enjoy your new fonts! :)

http://www.iphoneruler.net/how-to-install-iphone-fonts-ios-4
Fonts | iPhoneRuler

i-funbox instructional video
‪How to SSH into your iPhone 4, 3gs, 3g, 2g with USB‬‏ - YouTube

i-FunBox | File Manager, Browser, Explorer, Transfer Tool for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch via USB

Enjoy!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73