• Don't have iOS 5.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cubbi

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone,
I recently updated to iOS 5 beta 3 without being a developer. I was wondering for those who do have it, if you have jailbroken or not. iOS 5 b3 does not have many new changes as you probably know. I jailbroke to see how many of the tweaks/packages are working. If you did jailbreak, please put responses below for tweaks and other cydia packages that are working on iOS 5 b3. Thanks!:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm a HARDCORE JBer but to do it on beta software doesn't appeal to me. So I'm vanilla iOS 5 on my iPad 2 and my iPhone has remained untainted by Apple official firmware.

cubbi

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The main reason i actually downloaded was to test out the widgets you can get through Cydia to put in your notification center. I removed them later because they were a little buggy. The only package i still have on Cydia is the iSwype keyboard which is very handy. Its exactly like android and works very nicely if you want to check it out, i recommend that you do.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i have been pondering the idea of jailbreaking beta 3 for a couple of reasons but it appears the negatives outweigh the positives

unless someone can convince me that it i am over thinking it...

bizfox

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Probably better to wait until the official version of iOS 5 comes out, but that's just me...

Note: By the way, I've run tethered JB before. After the iPhone froze at the very moment I was in court and away from a PC, I swore to never, ever try that again. That was pretty embarrassing as well...

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i was tethered a while back, when iOS 4.2.x first came out i believe, and it was not that bad. i had all the necessary software on a usb flash in case of emergency. never had to use it except when i did a tethered reboot every few days just to refresh things

the issue now, obviously, is the fact that most of my favorite tweaks are not ready.. one of them being the Pandora Hack. there are oodles of guides/tuts out there on how to do this, but i could not get any of them to work..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen