Weird cydia error

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Everytime I go into cydia and it does it's downloading and all that when its done I get a message saying gpg error http://apt.modmyi.com stable release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 87F92E166197E890 Kyle Matthews (poetic_folly) <Kyle@modmyifone.com>. I was wondering if this was a problem with my jailbreak or the source. Also I tried deleting and re adding the source same message. I'm on 4.3.3 and used the latest redsnow to jailbreak. Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance.

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
id just delete the source for now, reboot then try to use cydia

Everytime I go into cydia and it does it's downloading and all that when its done I get a message saying gpg error http://apt.modmyi.com stable release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 87F92E166197E890 Kyle Matthews (poetic_folly) <Kyle@modmyifone.com>. I was wondering if this was a problem with my jailbreak or the source. Also I tried deleting and re adding the source same message. I'm on 4.3.3 and used the latest redsnow to jailbreak. Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Just got same error - hit the 'return to cydia' at the bottom of the screen, it did, and presented me with options to update cydia - did that - full deal, not essentials, followed by a repsring - and all was well again with cydia for me.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok went back in and tried it. Got the error but when I hit return to cydia it just went back to cydia. It didn't give me the option to update anything.

joescro

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like it's just a hangup in the communication between your device and cydia. Occasionally a repo will be temporarily down. I'd advise against repeated deleting/reentering sources and just give it anywhere from an hour to a day before it's up and running again

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I got that error before, you should have just closed out the Cydia app from the task switcher. Then open it again and clear the app from the que leave it alone for an hour or two and it would have probably worked.

Note to users if Cydia has upgrades always do the complete upgrade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2