Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

Default Weird cydia error

Everytime I go into cydia and it does it's downloading and all that when its done I get a message saying gpg error http://apt.modmyi.com stable release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 87F92E166197E890 Kyle Matthews (poetic_folly) <Kyle@modmyifone.com>. I was wondering if this was a problem with my jailbreak or the source. Also I tried deleting and re adding the source same message. I'm on 4.3.3 and used the latest redsnow to jailbreak. Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance.
    iPhone Intermediate

id just delete the source for now, reboot then try to use cydia

Quote Originally Posted by jhnnyblze2000 View Post
    Everytime I go into cydia and it does it's downloading and all that when its done I get a message saying gpg error http://apt.modmyi.com stable release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 87F92E166197E890 Kyle Matthews (poetic_folly) <Kyle@modmyifone.com>. I was wondering if this was a problem with my jailbreak or the source. Also I tried deleting and re adding the source same message. I'm on 4.3.3 and used the latest redsnow to jailbreak. Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    12,103 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Just got same error - hit the 'return to cydia' at the bottom of the screen, it did, and presented me with options to update cydia - did that - full deal, not essentials, followed by a repsring - and all was well again with cydia for me.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

Ok went back in and tried it. Got the error but when I hit return to cydia it just went back to cydia. It didn't give me the option to update anything.
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version

Sounds like it's just a hangup in the communication between your device and cydia. Occasionally a repo will be temporarily down. I'd advise against repeated deleting/reentering sources and just give it anywhere from an hour to a day before it's up and running again
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

Well didn't have anything else to do tonight so I did a full restore and jailbreak and now cydia works fine.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,903 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

I got that error before, you should have just closed out the Cydia app from the task switcher. Then open it again and clear the app from the que leave it alone for an hour or two and it would have probably worked.

Note to users if Cydia has upgrades always do the complete upgrade.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)