Apps crash after jailbreaking with jailbreakme.com

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I jailbroke two of my friends phone a 3gs and a ip4 with jailbreakme.com and all apps crash after jailbreaking. Anyone know whats wrong?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
As I responded in your other post, if these are Verizon iPhones, the issue is related to the latest jailbreakme update causing problems with Verizon's iOS version. You might have to restore the iPhone and wait till a fix comes out for it.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

phinx404

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
there was another update for jailbreakme that came out yesterday i believe to fix some things. try and run it again and see.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
there was another update for jailbreakme that came out yesterday i believe to fix some things. try and run it again and see.

Saurik specifically said not to run the update again if you're already jailbroken, but instead to open Cydia and install the upgrade package (you'll get offered it when Cydia finishes loading).

Edit: Here is the twitter post:

@saurik To be clear: do /not/ go back to jailbreakme.com and "redo" the jailbreak; instead, just open Cydia, and accept the new "Essential Upgrade".

Last edited:

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
As I responded in your other post, if these are Verizon iPhones, the issue is related to the latest jailbreakme update causing problems with Verizon's iOS version. You might have to restore the iPhone and wait till a fix comes out for it.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Sorry didn't see the other thread yet. They are both aT&T.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry didn't see the other thread yet. They are both aT&T.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's cool. First I would connect the AT&T iPhones to iTunes and restore. Then either re-jailbreak with jailbreakme, or use one of the other jailbreaks that are available. I know they aren't as easy as jailbreakme, but they do work well. I used "redsn0w" to jailbreak my iPhone 4 and it hasn't given me a single problem yet.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine was done with redsnow when 4.3.3 was just released. I was just at a BBQ and they wanted their phones jailbroken and all I could do at the time was jailbreakme.com. Weird because couple days before I used jailbreakeme with a ipad2 and it works just fine. Guess I will bring my laptop next time I see them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox