Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

23 Posts

Default Timing for new phone?

Hey all,

I have a broken/stuck pixel on my phone and want to take a trip to the Apple Store to see if I can get the phone replaced (they do still replace/repair for one dead pixel, right?). I just want to stay at the experience I'm already at.

Using a Verizon iP4, JB from Greenp0ison since the first week the Verizon phones were out. I haven't upgraded the Firmware since then, so I'm using 4.2.6 (8E200) as my version.

Does anyone have any ideas as to when (or whether) I should restore my phone, bring it to the Genius Bar, and try to get a new one? If I get a replacement phone, what version of Firmware is likely to come with it? Is there a simple JB out there for brand-new iPhones? Should I wait a little while (after all, the dead pixel isn't too annoying, just something I want to fix eventually)?

Also, when I do get a new phone, what is the best way to get the JB Apps and Tweaks back on my new phone? I was thinking of just opening up Cydia, making a list, and then using the list to reinstall after getting the new phone. Isn't there some easier way?
    iPhone Intermediate

484 Posts
    Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

If you take it in, make sure you restore it first. It's very likely that they won't work on it if they see it's jailbroken.

If you get a new one, (It's likely that they'll just replace the screen) then it will have the latest firmware on it. Both Jailbreakme.com 3.0 and redsn0w will jailbreak the latest vzw firmware.