iPhone 3GS suddenly crashing daily

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
I have been rocking iOS 4.3.3 jailbreak via redsn0w now for several weeks. Just within the past few days my phone will crash repeatedly during the day. I could be downloading something via Cydia, I could be uploading photos via Flickr, I could be checking my calendar. Can't pinpoint 1 particular app that is causing this. The last crash was a biggie. It started with battery around 83% full and kept giving me the flashing red battery upon attempting to reboot. By the time I got to a charger, the phone booted up with 13% battery (less than an hour from when it showed 83%!) weird.

I have not installed anything new in past few weeks that would be causing this either. Any thoughts? I'm really not wanting to perform a full system reboot (er, sync as new via iTunes), however, if that's the best solution, I guess i'll eat crow.

Thanks in advance all!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
first of all welcome back, jglowe, it's been a while :)

honestly if it was me in this situation i would just start removing JB apps/tweaks one by one and waiting it out to see what happens

then again due to my impatience i would also probably just restore as new and start all over. i hated when i had issues like this and always wanted a "quick fix"

also, maybe list all of your apps/tweaks in hopes of someone else who has had a similar issue

good luck!

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
first of all welcome back, jglowe, it's been a while :)

honestly if it was me in this situation i would just start removing JB apps/tweaks one by one and waiting it out to see what happens

then again due to my impatience i would also probably just restore as new and start all over. i hated when i had issues like this and always wanted a "quick fix"

also, maybe list all of your apps/tweaks in hopes of someone else who has had a similar issue

good luck!

thanks BLiNK, good to be back.

and good thought about listing the apps/tweaks, but there's just so many little things to list just from within Cydia, let alone all my apps. Think I'll just wait it out and see if anyone else is having issues. I wouldn't dare side with Team Pure, would I??

If only my 3GS can hold out until after iPhone 5 comes out!! *crosses fingers*

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW