Connect your Apple iPad to a personal computer containing Apple's iTunes software, Then select your iPad in the Devices panel on the left side of the iTunes dialog window.next you choose the summary tab and click the "Restore" option.and wait while your iPad completes the recovery process.Finally disconnect the device. The passcode should be disabled, enabling you to access your iPad device.
i tried doing that but a box appears saying that i cannot do anything until i enter my password. on the left of the screen it does not show the name of my ipad so what do i do now? please help! i also never synced it to my computer before.
A Complete Guide to Restore or Recover Your iDevice (if You Forget Your Passcode)
Follow these steps to restore your device:
1. Verify that you are using the latest version of iTunes before attempting to update.
2. Connect your device to your computer.
3. Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when it appears in iTunes under Devices.
4. Select the Summary tab.
5. Select the Restore option.
6. When prompted to back up your settings before restoring, select the Back Up
option (see in the image below). If you have just backed up the device, it is not
necessary to create another.
7. Select the Restore option when iTunes prompts you (as long as you've backed up,
you should not have to worry about restoring your iOS device).
8. When the restore process has completed, the device restarts and displays the Apple
logo while starting up:
After a restore, the iOS device displays the "Connect to iTunes" screen. For updating to iOS 5 or later, follow the steps in the iOS Setup Assistant. For earlier versions of iOS, keep your device connected until the "Connect to iTunes" screen goes away or you see "iPhone is activated."
9. The final step is to restore your device from a previous backup.