I forgot my Ipad password, How do i unlock it?

paul100

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Connect your Apple iPad to a personal computer containing Apple's iTunes software, Then select your iPad in the Devices panel on the left side of the iTunes dialog window.next you choose the summary tab and click the "Restore" option.and wait while your iPad completes the recovery process.Finally disconnect the device. The passcode should be disabled, enabling you to access your iPad device.

Reactions: JoziGrrl

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Of course, that also means you'll lose everything you had on it and will have to set everything up again from scratch.

eyemakerz

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
If you cannot remember the passcode, you will need to restore your device using the computer with which you last synced it.

mouse6291

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
i tried doing that but a box appears saying that i cannot do anything until i enter my password. on the left of the screen it does not show the name of my ipad so what do i do now? please help! i also never synced it to my computer before.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Turn ipad off then hold home button down while connecting to the computer .. The open iTunes it will say found device in recovery mode then complete the restore process

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Pando1234321

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
i just came back from camp and i forgot my password and when i plug it into itunes it wont let me restore it because it is locked and it is a big fat pain up the bum!!! hwlp me please????:(:(

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
i just came back from camp and i forgot my password and when i plug it into itunes it wont let me restore it because it is locked and it is a big fat pain up the bum!!! hwlp me please????:(:(

See the post directly above yours for the answer.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Of course, that also means you'll lose everything you had on it and will have to set everything up again from scratch.

That’s not true. If you have a backup, simply set it up as new and then restore it from your backup. You will be prompted to set up a new password, but none will be active after the restore.

aanaya abid

Banned
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
A Complete Guide to Restore or Recover Your iDevice (if You Forget Your Passcode)

Follow these steps to restore your device:

1. Verify that you are using the latest version of iTunes before attempting to update.

2. Connect your device to your computer.

3. Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when it appears in iTunes under Devices.

4. Select the Summary tab.

5. Select the Restore option.

6. When prompted to back up your settings before restoring, select the Back Up

option (see in the image below). If you have just backed up the device, it is not

necessary to create another.

7. Select the Restore option when iTunes prompts you (as long as you've backed up,

you should not have to worry about restoring your iOS device).

8. When the restore process has completed, the device restarts and displays the Apple

logo while starting up:

After a restore, the iOS device displays the "Connect to iTunes" screen. For updating to iOS 5 or later, follow the steps in the iOS Setup Assistant. For earlier versions of iOS, keep your device connected until the "Connect to iTunes" screen goes away or you see "iPhone is activated."

9. The final step is to restore your device from a previous backup.

ernestd59

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
i have tried this and in the middle of restore it keeps asking for my password I have siezures and I can't remember my pass code what can I do

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Turn ipad off then hold home button down while connecting to the computer .. The open iTunes it will say found device in recovery mode then complete the restore process

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

This /\

please! help me I forgot my iPad passcode, how do I unlock it ? im already connect to itunes..

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
lol...it was funny reading this thread seeing the question, then the very clear answer...then the same question...then same answer...then the same question...etc.

READ PEOPLE! LOL!

Anum Imtiaz

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
when i am connecting my apple ipad with itunes so its saying that unlock your ipad first and i have forgotten the passcode and its dissabbled so what todo

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711