iBooks crashing after JBM3

sliberty

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I know i am not alone, but felt we needed a thread for this.

I JB using Jailbreakme 3 yesterday, and most things are working fine. But iBooks crashes whenever i open a book that has DRM. I have successfully opened a few books that do not have DRM.

Lets hear from others with this problem, and track until a fix appears.

jeans94621

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
my ibooks was also crashing and I uninstalled action menu and now my ibooks work fine You also have to check if you have anything that will install ation menu.

jeans94621

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Action Menu is a tweak find in the Cydia store. Check your installed to see if action menu has been downloaded with another app.

ScottUrman

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I don't have Action Menu installed. Just for kicks, I installed it, and iBooks crashes immediately rather than when I open a downloaded book. After uninstalling it I am back to crashing after opening a book. A google search reveals that many other folks are having this same problem, seems to be something with comex's jailbreak. I also tried uninstalling PDF patcher 2 but that didn't make a difference.

FLskydiver

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I have an issue with paid ibooks I presume to be related to DRM checks and Jailbreak status.

Occasional chapters have "encoding errors" (notified in pink boxes) and the chapter is missing some text. Seems random; if I re-open the book sometimes I can pick up where the content was previously missing. I haven't notice the ibooks app actually crash yet, though.

iP4 32gb AT&T 4.3.3 Jailbreakme 3.0

Don't have action menu, but I'm pretty sure I noticed the issue with only SBSettings (and Activator) installed.

I've since installed AppSlide, Five Icon Dock, Five Icon Switcher, Five-Column Springboard, Icon Renamer, No Bookmarks, PDF Patcher 2, SpringFlash and SwitcherMod.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2