does new jailbreakme work for the previous firmwares it used to do??

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Its almost impossible to jb 3.12 or 3.13 with a working cydia if jbme.com doesnt do it anymore. Only Spirit can still do it but Spirit cant do 4.0

I hope the old jailbreakme.com stuff is hosted on a dif website for those that still need the old phones jb'd

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Is that true? It's been a long time since I've been on 3.1.x but I don't remember ever having troubles.
What about redsn0w, blackra1n, Pwnage Tool? Or LimeRa1n for 4.0? Will none of those really work anymore? I seem to remember 3.1.3 as the only one you'll really get stuck on with Spirit.

Have you checked out the iClarified Jailbreak Wizard? Maybe it's out of date, but it seems to have a lot more options than jbme.com for those firmwares...

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Is that true? It's been a long time since I've been on 3.1.x but I don't remember ever having troubles.
What about redsn0w, blackra1n, Pwnage Tool? Or LimeRa1n for 4.0? Will none of those really work anymore? I seem to remember 3.1.3 as the only one you'll really get stuck on with Spirit.

Limerain only works for 3gs and 4, not sure on pwnage tool I use PC. Blackrain's cydia wont work anymore nor will the redsn0w for 2g phones. Not sure if a redsnow for 3g's work or not anymore. The problem happened when cydia was updated and many older forms of cydia would not work anymore.

So the old choice was jbme.com or spirit, now its spirit only for 3.12 and 3.13 as far as a 2g goes.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
But if the jailbreak works you should be able to install the new Cydia after the fact I assume. I know I updated to it myself by loading the .deb file onto my phone.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I should mention too I assumed you were talking about 3G and 3GS phones...I haven't seen a 2G in at least a year or so.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2