jailbreak iphone 4 ?

fordfalcon

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi all I have an iphone 4 32gb I just acquired. I also have a 3gs (jail broken and unlocked thanks to help on this forum).

The iphone 4 is a Bell/Virgin phone I am using on Fido with a Gevey sim adapter. it's working fine other then the dial 112 procedure if you reboot the phone.

My issues are I can't stand the SMS alerts and want something louder and longer. Is a JB the only way to achieve this? Also losing the reboot procedure would be nice.

Phone info: Version 4.3.3 (8J2) Modem Firmware 04.10.01

Thanks all.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yes JB is the only way to change the ringtones. I'm not understanding what you're trying to change with the reboot process?

fordfalcon

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I can live with the procedure. I have read the newer version of the Gerey (Ultra) dose not require this.

I used JailbreakMe one my phone. seamed to work ok and was fast. Is there an app that changes the sms tones or allows custom ones?

I tried the unlock with ultrasn0w through cydia but it didn't seam to work.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I answered about your unlock in another thread check that out. If you're on an iPhone 4 and beyond iOS 4.0 then it is not unlockable. You can use BiteSMS to change the tones. You can also change the tones with themes too PM me if you want to do that I find it much better to do it this way. There are others that I've seen but BiteSMS is how I started to do it before I started to write my own themes to do it.

fordfalcon

May 6, 2011
Visit site
installed BiteSMS and seamed ok got sms tone worked and I replied. Hit send and phone crashed. now got apple logo and nothing else.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm JBen on 4.3.3 and I use Bite without any problems. I'm not saying it's a prob with the JB method but it's an iPhone so if it was me I'd just use one of the other methods to JB. Also instead of using BiteSMS this time just use the theme method I told you about with Winterboard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh