Lets talk best SMS app in Cydia. Bitesms, Irealsms, etc etc

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I've personally used BiteSMS for some time now and I think prior to that QuickReply. Chose bitesms over that for the obvious features. But something about BiteSMS I don't like now. Kinda wierd to explain, I don't know. What Sms apps are you guys using or prefer. Paid that is. And are they 4.3 compatible. Would Irealsms be an option better than BiteSMS.

Josh

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
When I was jailbroken I was a BiteSMS user, and loved it. Really one of the things I miss most about not being Jailbroken anymore. My question for you is, if you are using Bite and are happy with it why change?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I have bought both of them, but I use iRealSMS now. Only because I've switched phone numbers since then and I can't find my BiteSMS registration.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I used iReal years ago but now use Bite...so much more in the way of support and updates, looks better, works better. The only thing I miss is the ability to send MMS from Quick Compose. Why Bite can't get that is beyond me; users have consistently made it one of the top requests for a long, long time...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I have bought both of them, but I use iRealSMS now. Only because I've switched phone numbers since then and I can't find my BiteSMS registration.

email Martin, or anyone on the biteSMS team, and they'll get you going again on your new device. like mentioned above, the support is great

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
BiteSMS is my favorite, but it doesn't automatically list multiple messages on the lockscreen anymore.

Are you sure they ever did? I just tested it on the old version after seeing your other post about this and like always I've had to tap the Quick List icon in the status bar...if you look in the Settings for bite under Lockscreen>Features>Quick List, it even says "tap the quick list icon to display quick list."

Jonezed7

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure they ever did? I just tested it on the old version after seeing your other post about this and like always I've had to tap the Quick List icon in the status bar...if you look in the Settings for bite under Lockscreen>Features>Quick List, it even says "tap the quick list icon to display quick list."

yeah, I did notice that, but I feel like it didn't used to be that way...

BenSWoodruff

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I prefer the stock SMS app (never had any problems with it) and QuickReply for the lock screen/in-app replies that I need to shoot out. My only problem with QuickReply is there is no character counter. Good thing I usually keep those replies short lol. As far as composing messages quickly, LockInfo has the favorites section where I have my most messaged contacts and I just tap on their picture to start a conversation. If I want to launch SMS when the phone is off, I hold down the volume up button, which I set up easily through Activator :)

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
When I was jailbroken I was a BiteSMS user, and loved it. Really one of the things I miss most about not being Jailbroken anymore. My question for you is, if you are using Bite and are happy with it why change?

Because when I bought my first Iphone, I was happy with it. Than I saw what the jailbreak world involved and was even happier. Happy doesn't mean you can't be happier am I right.

luheguf

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving biteSMS just because of the little things you can do in the popup.

Also, did anyone know when you press a volume button you can then tap on the screen and the quicktxt screen pops up, you can add favourites to txts, and pulldown txts like normal, pretty sweet!

-luheguf

teccnoco

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
To IrealSMS 3 users: License check -- Do I need internet connection ?

Hi,

A simple question to IrealSMS 3.0 users.

I am using IrealSMS with TRIAL license.
Now, when the program starts, it wants to connect to internet to check my (temporary) license (that's OK & fair since it's a trial).

The question is: if I bought the license, is it saved on the iPhone (so it's easy for the software to verify that I am a licensed user) or does it need to verify on internet ?

Thay is, if you disable your internet connection (wifi and gsm) and restart the phone: does IrealSMS ask for a license number (and/or ask for internet connection) refusing to start, emit a warning ("Unable to verify your license"), or "just works" ?

Thanks, regards
Enrico

shubhampresent

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Please suggest some app for iphone so that...i can mark some important messages easily and delete rest of the conversation....bcoz its really frustrating to mark the unwanted messages from the conversation and del them..?? :(

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Please suggest some app for iphone so that...i can mark some important messages easily and delete rest of the conversation....bcoz its really frustrating to mark the unwanted messages from the conversation and del them..?? :(

depending on which firmware you are using you can delete individual messages within a conversation natively

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, I have used Messages+ and BiteSMS with IntelliscreenX and I have to say, BiteSMS is a little better In terms of features/bugs. Messages+ would have this little bug that if I was in a Messages+ chat and I clicked a banner for another chat, the keyboard and text input box would disappear into the background. Not a major issue, but still a problem when you want to just send a text. Why I prefer Bite over M+ is because of:

1) AUTO RESEND OF FAILED MESSAGES!
I am on Rogers Network and sometimes when I am sending a text at the same time I am receiving one, the text will fail to send, and I'd have to open up the messages app to resend it. Bite has an option to resend messages after 1,2,4,etc minutes of it failing. Total life saver.

2) LOADS WAY FASTER THAN MESSAGES APP
Bite actually loads 2 seconds faster then the default messages app, and trust me it makes a difference when you text a lot.

3) CUSTOMIZATION!!!
You can change pretty much ANYTHING about Bite, where as M+ is pretty much set in stone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711