Advice on Jailbreaking 3GS 4.3.3

wmgk

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,

After all the trouble with my 3G, I'm looking to unlock my 3GS, iTunes has just restored it to 4.3.3 for me, so where do I start and what should I use to unlock and activate it?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There is a very extensive and helpful jailbreak sub forum on this website...you'll be better off going in there, where your questions have been answered several times over.

fast96

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I am new to jailbreaking, but i just did my late version 3gs using redsnow (latest version) and the ios 4.3.3 firmware from the desktop. I somehow managed to keep all the current stuff on the phone intact. Is that normal? I noticed some slowdown, but not much. I used green poison on my itouch, and don't like it as well.:) Good Luck, just follow the directions.

fast96

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Now that I have jailbroken my 3gs, I have a question.
When I connect it to my pc, Itunes wants to sync with it. I cancel the sync process and try to manage apps and music manually. I get a warning that the apps I have downloaded since jailbreak will be deleted. It doesn't mention jailbreak specifically, it just says 12 apps will be removed from my iphone. Should I let the iphone sync with Itunes? What will happen? My overall goal is to remove the music from the iphone, because that is not how I use it and want the space for more apps (4gb).
Any basic help would be appreciated.
Does jailbreaking mean Itunes syncing should be avoided? And risk losing downloaded apps?

thunderkeys

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Jailbreaking will give you access to the root file system of the iPhone giving you complete control of it. While this is a good thing it has some dangers as you will have the ability to completely brick your device if you are not careful or don?t know what you are doing.

It's pretty near impossible to brick your iPhone. You can always DFU restore.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Now that I have jailbroken my 3gs, I have a question.
When I connect it to my pc, Itunes wants to sync with it. I cancel the sync process and try to manage apps and music manually. I get a warning that the apps I have downloaded since jailbreak will be deleted. It doesn't mention jailbreak specifically, it just says 12 apps will be removed from my iphone. Should I let the iphone sync with Itunes? What will happen? My overall goal is to remove the music from the iphone, because that is not how I use it and want the space for more apps (4gb).
Any basic help would be appreciated.
Does jailbreaking mean Itunes syncing should be avoided? And risk losing downloaded apps?

You can do anything with a JBen phone that you can do with a regular phone except upgrade to new firmware when it prompts you. So it is fine to setup your settings and sync. In fact it is recommended because that is how you will have backups.

If it says apps will be removed on sync it could be two things. Either they were put on the phone from a different iTunes ID than yours so syncing will wipe it off to sync with your library. The same goes for music and other media. If the apps are cracked versions then they will be wiped out on sync, which is good because cracked apps can screw up your phone and you don't know what's really in them. We don't talk about cracked apps so that is all I'm going to say on the subject and don't ask more or the thread will prob be locked. One more thing not at you OP, Cracked/Pirated apps SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm not at my PC right now, so I can't give you direct instructions (perhaps someone else can guide you to exactly the right paths), but there is a place in iTunes that you can uncheck so that it won't automatically try to sync when you plug in the phone.

Otherwise, what was said above about the apps is absolutely correct. Either they're "trial" apps, in which case you should buy them as soon as possible if you want to keep them, or they were purchased under a different Apple ID.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal