Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Can not jailbreak iphone 4 on 4.2.8

I got my iphone 6 weeks ago and i wanted to jailbreak it but i have tried everything and i continue to get errors so im trying to find someone that knows more than me about this and have them use team viewer to control my computer and try and get my phone to jailbreak? Please help.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,878 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

just go to and go to Tutorials, iPhone, Jailbreak and look for 4.2.8 and follow the instructions. If you get an error write it down here what problem you have or error you get?
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    iPhone Newbie

I had one heck of a time getting it to work... I started off at 4.2.7 and a direct 4.2.8 didn't work, so I restored to stock 4.2.6 (yup stock, no jailbreak) via shsh blobs and then got lucky when it let me restore to my custom 4.2.8 ipsw. Took me all day...