HELP!!! Default Password Change

jamief89

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I recently jail-broken my iphone3Gs 4.3.3 with redsnow_win_0.9.6rc16 on my windows vista.

It installed and fine and seems jailbroken. However when I wanted to change the default password from alpine and installed Terminal it did not open.

SO I tried to ssh a diffferent version of terminal to my iphone, however I could not connect to the iphone using Win SCP. I have installed bossprefs but that doesn't open and I have installed SBSettings and the phone still doesnt ssh to my computer. The settings I used in WinSCP are fine, the ip address is correct.

Does anybody know of another way of changing the default password?
Does anybody know why these programs arent opening?
Does anybody know why I can't ssh?

Please help because I really need to change the default password and this is driving me CRAZY! Thanks!

Last edited:

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I recently jail-broken my iphone3Gs 4.3.3 with redsnow_win_0.9.6rc16 on my windows vista.

It installed and fine and seems jailbroken. However when I wanted to change the default password from alpine and installed Terminal it did not open.

SO I tried to ssh a diffferent version of terminal to my iphone, however I could not connect to the iphone using Win SCP. I have installed bossprefs but that doesn't open and I have installed SBSettings and the phone still doesnt ssh to my computer. The settings I used in WinSCP are fine, the ip address is correct.

Does anybody know of another way of changing the default password?
Does anybody know why these programs arent opening?
Does anybody know why I can't ssh?

Please help because I really need to change the default password and this is driving me CRAZY! Thanks!
Use MobileTerminal 520-1, not Cydia's MobileTerminal 364.1-10 from a repo I'm not sure I can give you. Google "MobileTerminal 520-1 repo" & you'il find out which repo to add. Hint, hint! It start's with the 24th letter in the alphabet, lol you'll find it!

jamief89

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Did you install OpenSSH on the phone? the phone doesn't do SSH by default.

Yes I installed it but it makes no difference to SSH. The only reason I need SSH is to change the default password and terminal doesn't work. Its really frustrating. I installed Installaus and that seems to be working fine, but everything else does'nt!!

jamief89

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Use MobileTerminal 520-1, not Cydia's MobileTerminal 364.1-10 from a repo I'm not sure I can give you. Google "MobileTerminal 520-1 repo" & you'il find out which repo to add. Hint, hint! It start's with the 24th letter in the alphabet, lol you'll find it!

Hey this worked! I changed the password. Thanks man!

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey this worked! I changed the password. Thanks man!

No problem, just uninstall it after ur done cuz it'll cause conflicts with dTunes & a couple others! Just use it to change the root & mobile root passwords. JFYI, shouldn't mention any of those "OTHER" installs cuz ur gonna get spanked!!! Lol:D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner