Lockinfo 3.0 Theme: iOS 5 Style

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been expecting someone to take up this challenge, and today Spanish themer Pedro Gonz?lez (@ErMasLoko) released his iOS5 Style Lockinfo Theme. Download it here!

ios5stylebanner.jpg

(I love Lockinfo, but let's face it: graphic design has never been it's strong suit. Even Lockinfo dev David Ashman gave the theme a rave, saying "btw - it looks nice. I'd like to install it myself.")

Reactions: ja2ed

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I'm having an issue with is the background for InfoShade. Ja2ed, do you have that textured look in yours, or just a flat grey?

ja2ed

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
as of right now its transparent i didn't change the theme. but in the bundle in the lock info theme...dont you just replace it with the default one in when you ssh your phone?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It's odd, but according to Stimpy (the LI dev), you just need to add the images to the Winterboard theme. Here's what he wrote when the theme developer was trying to solve the issue:

You can set the image behind the info shade by adding an image LIInfoShadeBG.png to the com.ashman.LockInfo bundle in a winterboard theme. I haven't included that feature in the native LI3 theming yet.

And sure enough, this is the image included (there's also an @2x version for retina displays):
CDPsm.png

But I can't get it to show...I'm sure I'm overlooking something obvious.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't use iFile but can tell you what the download contains: it's a .rar with three folders and a readme.txt. Two of the folders get dropped in the LockInfo theme library to be chosen in Settings>LockInfo>Appearance>Select Default Theme, the third gets dropped in your general theme library to be activated with Winterboard. Easy peasy.

By the way, my problem was that I'm an idiot. I was just overlooking one of my opacity settings for the InfoShade background. But if anyone else runs into it, the fix is simple: Settings>LockInfo>InfoShade>Appearance>
I just reset all mine to the far left (fully transparent) and then adjusted my headers a bit. Looks great; this is really a great job!

ja2ed

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
It's odd, but according to Stimpy (the LI dev), you just need to add the images to the Winterboard theme. Here's what he wrote when the theme developer was trying to solve the issue:

You can set the image behind the info shade by adding an image LIInfoShadeBG.png to the com.ashman.LockInfo bundle in a winterboard theme. I haven't included that feature in the native LI3 theming yet.

And sure enough, this is the image included (there's also an @2x version for retina displays):
CDPsm.png

But I can't get it to show...I'm sure I'm overlooking something obvious.

I see that you figured it out....did you the com.ashman.LockInfo folder just into winterboard themes and check it?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
No, the dev already did all that and built it into his theme, that's why I couldn't figure out what I was missing...turned out I just had to adjust the opacity in the Settings app.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded the rar and unzipped it.
Read the readme file and did what it said:
-Access phone with your favorite program (I use iPhonebrowser)
-Put the folders "iOS5 Lockscreen" and "iOS5 InfoShade" in the directory Library/LockInfo/Themes.
-Put the folder "LockInfo iOS5.theme" in your Winterboard themes folder (Library/Themes for me)
-In LockInfo Settings, select the theme "iOS5 LockScreen" for the Lock Screen and "iOS5 InfoShade" for
InfoShade. (I just set the Appearance>Default Theme to iOS5 InfoShade since that's all I use.)
-Change Appearance: Font Size to Small and Header Size to Extra Large

After doing all that, I had my issue with the transparency thing. That I solved by going to Settings>LockInfo>InfoShade>Appearance> and moving the sliders all the way to the left.

That's it! What exactly is the issue you're running into? It might be easier if I had a better idea of where you're getting stuck.

ja2ed

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded the rar and unzipped it.
Read the readme file and did what it said:
-Access phone with your favorite program (I use iPhonebrowser)
-Put the folders "iOS5 Lockscreen" and "iOS5 InfoShade" in the directory Library/LockInfo/Themes.
-Put the folder "LockInfo iOS5.theme" in your Winterboard themes folder (Library/Themes for me)
-In LockInfo Settings, select the theme "iOS5 LockScreen" for the Lock Screen and "iOS5 InfoShade" for
InfoShade. (I just set the Appearance>Default Theme to iOS5 InfoShade since that's all I use.)
-Change Appearance: Font Size to Small and Header Size to Extra Large

After doing all that, I had my issue with the transparency thing. That I solved by going to Settings>LockInfo>InfoShade>Appearance> and moving the sliders all the way to the left.

That's it! What exactly is the issue you're running into? It might be easier if I had a better idea of where you're getting stuck.

my man thank you so much. I was having the trouble of getting that background on the infoshade.....I kept placing the wrong things in my winter board themes and with your tutorial i now how have it thank you very much !

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
haha! see, if you just had a vanilla iPhone you'd be getting plenty rest!

i have everything set up to my liking and getting that image to work would be perfect. please update this thread if you find a fix!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR