Upgrading to ios 5 with baseband 06.15.00

Contentdog

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, i dun goofed.

I got uber frustrated when bringing my iphone from canada to new zealand. The phone companies wanted to charge me a ****ton to buy all this new crap that i didnt want so i decided to unlock my phone! Unfortunately i was on a baseband that couldnt unlock. After a lot of ****ing around I finally got it but to do it i had to up my baseband to 06.15.00 on ios 4.1.

Now I kind of wanted to upgrade to ios 5 when it comes out and gets jailbroken but i was wondering if this will be possible with my current setup and if so, how. There was some warning somewhere that with baseband 06.15.00 i wouldnt be able to change the firmware or something. In my frustration i ignored it stupidly.

Thanks a ton!

Content_Dog

EDIT: obviously i would like to be able to keep my phone unlocked/reunlock after upgrading.

EDIT2: Also, It would be awesome if i could keep all my files. Im assuming this isnt possible but if there is any way, please let me know

Last edited:

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
There is a tethered jailbreak right now for iOS 5, and I can only assume that there will be an untethered jailbreak soon. And further, I can only assume that ultrasnow will be updated to work on iOS 5. I'm in the same boat with a 3GS. It's unlocked with that same baseband.

Reactions: Contentdog

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, i dun goofed.

I got uber frustrated when bringing my iphone from canada to new zealand. The phone companies wanted to charge me a ****ton to buy all this new crap that i didnt want so i decided to unlock my phone! Unfortunately i was on a baseband that couldnt unlock. After a lot of ****ing around I finally got it but to do it i had to up my baseband to 06.15.00 on ios 4.1.

Now I kind of wanted to upgrade to ios 5 when it comes out and gets jailbroken but i was wondering if this will be possible with my current setup and if so, how. There was some warning somewhere that with baseband 06.15.00 i wouldnt be able to change the firmware or something. In my frustration i ignored it stupidly.

Thanks a ton!

Content_Dog

EDIT: obviously i would like to be able to keep my phone unlocked/reunlock after upgrading.

EDIT2: Also, It would be awesome if i could keep all my files. Im assuming this isnt possible but if there is any way, please let me know

No won't be able to update on day one of ios5 but I'm sure give it say 24 hours after and it will be jb :p

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, i dun goofed.

Thanks a ton!

Content_Dog

If you use snow breeze once it works on ios5 it will let up update without updating the baseband

if you try update with the normal ipsw it will error out because it will try to update your baseband and obviously yours is newer than what it is trying to load.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2