Apple Error

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I'm using the latest version of Sn0wbreeze, and it works and all, but when I go to restore my Verizon iPhone, iTunes gives me a error and won't restore with the jailbroken IPSW. I have no clue on the way around this and would LOVE some help. Thank you. :)

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Firmware 4.2.8

Apple Error: I think 1600, I somewhat forget.

I did have a clean restore, ect, ect. I've read something about SHS or w/e and using that, but I think Apple verifies restores now and detects the jailbreak and just returns a error, so I have no clue what I could do to get around that issue.

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Check out the tutorial in my sig. It is for jailbreak using a Mac but there is a link at the bottom that shows how to solve the error on Mac and windows. It is for a different error but it worked on my 16xx error.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Use redsnow put device in dfu mode it will allow iTunes to load custom ISpw using shift and restore or just select the original ISpw to put to stock un jailbroke

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Use redsnow put device in dfu mode it will allow iTunes to load custom ISpw using shift and restore or just select the original ISpw to put to stock un jailbroke

This is what Sn0wbreeze does, but it gives me that error, so it somewhat leads me to say the Apple now verifies the restore and checks for a jailbreak.

Update: I just used TinyUmbrella and I really have no clue what to do. I have PC not a Mac so IDK how to get it for Windows, many people are saying Sn0wbreeze is it, which is what I used. But now, when I used TinyUmbrella, I got a error code of 21, not 1600. So it did something, but IDK what. I'm new this this type of jailbreaking, otherwise I usually use greenp0ison, but now these new updates have ma all confused. Lol. Please help...

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
This is what Sn0wbreeze does, but it gives me that error, so it somewhat leads me to say the Apple now verifies the restore and checks for a jailbreak.

Update: I just used TinyUmbrella and I really have no clue what to do. I have PC not a Mac so IDK how to get it for Windows, many people are saying Sn0wbreeze is it, which is what I used. But now, when I used TinyUmbrella, I got a error code of 21, not 1600. So it did something, but IDK what. I'm new this this type of jailbreaking, otherwise I usually use greenp0ison, but now these new updates have ma all confused. Lol. Please help...

Ok dumb question maybe I just can't read lol ... What is the status of your phone ? Is it jail broke trying to restore to factory ? Or factory trying to jailbreak? If your trying to jailbreak just used redsnow it works! No custom ipsw to load using iTunes just download the 4.2.8 original ipsw open redsnow select it and follow instructions.

If it's jail broke maybe try to load the original ipsw using a shift restore in iTunes

I've never used tiny umbrella honestly not sure exactly what it does I think it saves your blobs or something .. I just have never needed it.

Reactions: JAD Hell Knight

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OP since you used Tiny Umbrella that maybe why you were getting the problem. You might also find going forward that you're unable to update via iTunes because your hosts file has been edited. So I would suggest searching for my username and threads I've created look for the one "What to do if you can't upgrade in iTunes..." and read through the very first page. I know your phone is JBen and working this will not affect your phone but will affect your ability to upgrade through iTunes in the future.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2