JB'ed phone is stuck at "Restarting Springboard" screen

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere and I was unable to find it.

My phone is currently stuck at the "Restarting Springboard" screen and does not go past it. :(

Here is the background: I went to Cydia, it showed that I had "essential upgrades." I clicked on "complete upgrade." It was an update for "insanelyi repo prep."

After the update was downloaded, I clicked on "respring" from SBSettings and it's been stuck ever since.

I connected to iTunes and it went through the backup process, but no luck rebooting to the home screen.

I hate to do it, but do I have no other option than to restore my phone to non-jailbroken status? Please say it isn't so. :(

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
If you're going to restore, why not restore to a custom firmware so you stay jailbroken? Just some food for thought. Good luck.

I'm really hoping someone has an easy fix so I can avoid having to restore to the stock iOS......

I am unfamiliar with custom firmware, will review your 4.2.8 JB walk-through.

Thanks!:cool:

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Did you hold both buttons until it shut off? If not do that then turn back on.

Did you save shsh on cydia? If so, verufy with tinyumbrella, then just reinstall the same firmware and re-jb

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere and I was unable to find it.

My phone is currently stuck at the "Restarting Springboard" screen and does not go past it. :(

Here is the background: I went to Cydia, it showed that I had "essential upgrades." I clicked on "complete upgrade." It was an update for "insanelyi repo prep."

After the update was downloaded, I clicked on "respring" from SBSettings and it's been stuck ever since.

I connected to iTunes and it went through the backup process, but no luck rebooting to the home screen.

I hate to do it, but do I have no other option than to restore my phone to non-jailbroken status? Please say it isn't so. :(

Reactions: tourstagefan

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Did you hold both buttons until it shut off? If not do that then turn back on.

Did you save shsh on cydia? If so, verufy with tinyumbrella, then just reinstall the same firmware and re-jb

Holding both buttons down did the trick, thank you so much! I've been lucky and have never had a crash of any sort since Day One of my JB (4.2.1 using GreenPoison). Your tip saved me from having to re-JB, etc. :cool:

I did actually save my SHSH blobs using TinyUmbrella, it was so long ago that I forgot I had done this! :p

This tight-knit, TiPb community is the best!

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
cool, its a useful easy trick :)

Holding both buttons down did the trick, thank you so much! I've been lucky and have never had a crash of any sort since Day One of my JB (4.2.1 using GreenPoison). Your tip saved me from having to re-JB, etc. :cool:

I did actually save my SHSH blobs using TinyUmbrella, it was so long ago that I forgot I had done this! :p

This tight-knit, TiPb community is the best!

ashuhhlyn_

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you!!!!

Oh my god, thank you soo much! The same thing happened to me and i was scared.. i just held down both buttons and it worked :D Thanks again! :D

MUSICAL_JAILBREAKER

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Same Thing

Hey the same thing happened to me but, my home button does not work so i can not do it that easily. i have been using assistive touch instead. is there any other way to fix this problem?

Comrade_Viktor

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Same Thing

I have same problem with my home button, so i cant do a hard reboot. all i did to fix the problem was i backed up on itunes, then restored from that backup. I knew that it would restart my phone after restoring and i didn't lose my jailbreak or my apps.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have same problem with my home button, so i cant do a hard reboot. all i did to fix the problem was i backed up on itunes, then restored from that backup. I knew that it would restart my phone after restoring and i didn't lose my jailbreak or my apps.

Um... When exactly did you do this?

Budi Rahalif

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone stuck when i remove an application in Cydia .. and they say "Restart Springboard" So i touch it .. and the desktop just like a circle whit the black background .. n can i Turn Off it in iTunes ??:concern::concern:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2