iPhone 3Gs, 4.3.3, won't stay in DFU mode

jeck77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
So I've been able to get the iPhone 3Gs into DFU mode, but once Redsn0w tries to exploit it, the phone seems to get kicked out of DFU mode and the apple logo appears on the screen. I've have tried over and over, and haven't really been able to find anyone else with this issue that can give me an answer. Getting it into DFU is not the problem, making it stay in DFU while the exploit is trying to happen is the problem.

*I've jailbroken many iPhones in my time, including my current iPhone 4 on Verizon, so definitely not a noob at this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Some ideas:
Are you using the latest redsn0w? If so, have you tried redownloading it and using a fresh version?
If using Vista/Windows 7, are you running it as Administrator in XP compatiblity mode? (If you're using the newest build you shouldn't have to do this, but you never know.)
Have you checked to make sure there are no iTunes processes running (iTuneshelper, etc.)?

And have you tried using Sn0wbreeze or Pwnage Tool?

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes this works, when it gets stuck, hold both buttons until it shuts off and re-enter DFU, let the redsnow keep running as normal, if that doesnt work repeat your normal steps and do what I said but instead of a second DFU go into recovery mode.

If these dont work reinstall 4.3.3 and use redsnow again.

So I've been able to get the iPhone 3Gs into DFU mode, but once Redsn0w tries to exploit it, the phone seems to get kicked out of DFU mode and the apple logo appears on the screen. I've have tried over and over, and haven't really been able to find anyone else with this issue that can give me an answer. Getting it into DFU is not the problem, making it stay in DFU while the exploit is trying to happen is the problem.

*I've jailbroken many iPhones in my time, including my current iPhone 4 on Verizon, so definitely not a noob at this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Are you using an Apple USB cable? is it plugged right into the computer and not into a hub? If so try a different USB port that one may not be putting out enough juice or maybe it's dying. You could also try using another computer.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4