Need help regarding lockscreen and themes

gunhunter

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I recently downloaded and installed "a uinique hd" theme from cydia and i'm loving it, though I don't really like its lockscreen theme with the "swipe to unlock" phrase... so i'm really hoping to have the default lockscreen instead, cuz it's simple enough and goes well with lockinfo imo...

So what i'm really looking for are some help on to how I can use iFile to get that done.... Any help is very much appreciated, thanks!

btw, im new to messing with iFile ;) Cheers.

itsdrewbruv

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi

I recently downloaded and installed "a uinique hd" theme from cydia and i'm loving it, though I don't really like its lockscreen theme with the "swipe to unlock" phrase... so i'm really hoping to have the default lockscreen instead, cuz it's simple enough and goes well with lockinfo imo...

So what i'm really looking for are some help on to how I can use iFile to get that done.... Any help is very much appreciated, thanks!

btw, im new to messing with iFile ;) Cheers.

I were just about to ask the same thing! I'm new to messing with ifile also?

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Do either of you have UINique HD Lock.theme enabled via Winterboard? In other words, when you enabled the UINique theme with Winterboard, did you also check the UINique HD Lock.theme?

If that is checked, uncheck it with Winterboard and respring; see if the lockscreen is disabled after that is done.

I've used that theme, which I like, and like you I didn't like the lockscreen. I used my own lockscreen (with LockInfo) and it worked well.

gunhunter

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Do either of you have UINique HD Lock.theme enabled via Winterboard? In other words, when you enabled the UINique theme with Winterboard, did you also check the UINique HD Lock.theme?

If that is checked, uncheck it with Winterboard and respring; see if the lockscreen is disabled after that is done.

I've used that theme, which I like, and like you I didn't like the lockscreen. I used my own lockscreen (with LockInfo) and it worked well.

Thanks for your response.
There's only one UINique theme for checking in Winterboard, which automatically enables the lockscreen, status bar and icons, there's no separate one for just the lockscreen.

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your response.
There's only one UINique theme for checking in Winterboard, which automatically enables the lockscreen, status bar and icons, there's no separate one for just the lockscreen.

Hmm, that's odd because I have a separate theme called "UINique HD Lock" listed on my iPhone. If I don't have that checked, the lock screen defaults to my regular lock screen.

If you have iFile or some other file-reading program on your iPhone, try this. Go to /var/stash/Theme.XXX/UINique.theme/. Go through each heading (eg, bundles, folders) and look for anything that has LockScreen or LS in the name. Add a "1" to the end of each file name (ie, xxxx.png1) that you find. Close out of iFile and respring the phone. That might eliminate the UINique theme's lock-screen graphics.

Perhaps go back to Cydia and the UINique theme. Look and see if there are additional modifications related to the theme---I know that there are color modifications (I use UINiqueblue)---and see if there is a lock screen to download. Download it, check it in Winterboard, and respring. Then go back to Winterboard, uncheck it, and respring again. Sometimes that gets rid of the theme-related lock screen.

Another option is to write to the developer (listed on Cydia).

I hope something here helps. Good luck! :)

Reactions: gunhunter

gunhunter

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, that's odd because I have a separate theme called "UINique HD Lock" listed on my iPhone. If I don't have that checked, the lock screen defaults to my regular lock screen.

If you have iFile or some other file-reading program on your iPhone, try this. Go to /var/stash/Theme.XXX/UINique.theme/. Go through each heading (eg, bundles, folders) and look for anything that has LockScreen or LS in the name. Add a "1" to the end of each file name (ie, xxxx.png1) that you find. Close out of iFile and respring the phone. That might eliminate the UINique theme's lock-screen graphics.

Perhaps go back to Cydia and the UINique theme. Look and see if there are additional modifications related to the theme---I know that there are color modifications (I use UINiqueblue)---and see if there is a lock screen to download. Download it, check it in Winterboard, and respring. Then go back to Winterboard, uncheck it, and respring again. Sometimes that gets rid of the theme-related lock screen.

Another option is to write to the developer (listed on Cydia).

I hope something here helps. Good luck! :)

Once again thanks for the respone. I just downloaded the theme last week, maybe the lockscreen is no longer separate. I just had a quick look with iFile and I saw a lock.psd, which is some ~20Mb, would that be relevant? I'll have a deeper look later at the folders regarding the lockscreen/LS.

As for Cydia, there's an animated lockscreen from UINique, maybe I should download it and try like u said..

Well thanks again, your help is very much appreciated! :D

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Once again thanks for the respone. I just downloaded the theme last week, maybe the lockscreen is no longer separate. I just had a quick look with iFile and I saw a lock.psd, which is some ~20Mb, would that be relevant? I'll have a deeper look later at the folders regarding the lockscreen/LS.

As for Cydia, there's an animated lockscreen from UINique, maybe I should download it and try like u said..

Well thanks again, your help is very much appreciated! :D

Lock.psd is not the file that you need.

I checked and saw that the separate lock-screen theme is separate from the UINique theme and UINiqueBlueMod, which I use, also has separate lock-screen files.

I seem to remember that I wasn't able to change the lockscreen wallpaper by using one of the iPhone's default wallpapers. If I remember correctly, I had to use one of the pictures that I took and saved to my Photo Library. If you want to use one of the stock iPhone wallpapers you can just e-mail it to yourself and save it to your Photo Library.

The UINique wallpapers (and lockscreen backgrounds) can be found under /var/stash/Wallpaper.XXXX. I see that one the initial iFile page I added a "1" to the only wallpaper listed, Wallpaper.png1. There is also a folder called iPhone and when you go into that folder you'll see a number of UINique wallpapers/lockscreens listed (they all begin with "0" [zero]). Try adding a "1" after each of the UINique.png files listed and respring your phone.

If nothing else, that should give you a clean slate to work with so you can use your own wallpaper.

Jheri

May 29, 2011
www.jherievans.com
I just downloaded the theme to look through the files. Here is what you need to do to get rid of his slider icon: got to your themes folder and open the UINique theme. Then go to Bundles, then com.apple.TelephonyUI. You need to edit the the files named bottombar[ETC].png where [ETC] will describe if it's green, red, grey etc. I hope this helps!

gunhunter

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much guys!

Well I downloaded that UINique Lockscreen theme from Cydia and managed to change the wallpaper, working perfectly there.

However as for ditching the UINique "swipe to unlock" bar, I nearly managed to change back to default lockscreen slider, however, the words "slide to unlock" is still missing, so basically now it's like the default one already, just without the "slide to unlock". May I ask what I should do to have it back?

Thanks!

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear that you have your lockscreen just about how you want it.

Do you still have the default/stock slider? Did you delete it or rename it while making your changes?

I'm pretty sure that the default slider is available on Cydia. If it's there or you find another slider that you like just download it, move it to the top of the list in Winterboard and make sure that it's checked, and then respring. That should solve the problem.

I'm using a tap rather than a slider and that's what I did to make it all work the way I wanted.

Most sliders on Cydia also include the answer call and power off sliders, read the descriptions to be sure.

You're just about there!

gunhunter

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't find one that I like on Cydia, so I went onto more googling and I finally found a way to have the slide texts appear again! I had to go to com.apple.springboard and edit a text file. To my amazement, I can also edit it to appear whatever texts I want on it too! Finally have it how I want.

Thanks for the help and support! :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR