Setting for Vibrate only for text no tone

igo

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I read you have to jail break to have no sound and only vibrate for text.

So jail break is done. Now how do I customize the settings for text sounds?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm not following you can't you just go to Settings, Sounds, Text Tone and choose None? will it not vibrate if you choose that? I have never used this so maybe I'm the wrong person to ask.

igo

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not following you can't you just go to Settings, Sounds, Text Tone and choose None? will it not vibrate if you choose that? I have never used this so maybe I'm the wrong person to ask.

Phone sound on with tone selected: makes a sound/vibrate.
Phone sound off with tone selected: Vibrates

*there is no option for phone sound on and text vibrate only!

So I jail breaked it because i read you can change those settings after.. how?

I don't want to here the Sound I just want it to vibrate!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
maybe give this a try..?

silentSMS

Privately SMS without Silent Switch! Want to simply SMS in private without having to silence all system sounds and alerts? Here is the answer, with silentSMS all sounds assoicated with ONLY SMS funtions are muted, leaving all other iDevice System Sounds unchanged. Also included is the option for silent lock and unlock (in case your SMS application requires an unlock to read/respond). For complete privacy shut off keyboard clicks via Settings. For use with Winterboard.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You can make a silent SMS tone, then replace one of the native ones with that. Use any of the tutorials, just use a silent tone.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Once you make the tone (being sure to use the right name & file type) all you have to do is drag and drop into the right folder. Super easy.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I have to agree with Ipheuria here...just checked my Settings/Sounds, and under Ringers and Alerts you can turn Vibrate on and then change Text Tone to None. Not sure why that wouldn't work for you?

igo

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I have to agree with Ipheuria here...just checked my Settings/Sounds, and under Ringers and Alerts you can turn Vibrate on and then change Text Tone to None. Not sure why that wouldn't work for you?

Yes you can do that.

Problem: With sound on and text tone selected to NONE it will not vibrate!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner