Newbie just jailbroken iphone 4 but lost network provider

autostarz

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi People,
New to this forum as of today as im looking for a little help. Jailbroke (untethered) my iphone 4 on 4.3.3 firmware today using pwnage tool. All worked, got cydia now on there now, but ive lost my network provider on the top left of the screen and wont let me send/receive calls or texts. have i gone wrong some where.
Should i have perhaps jailbroken using redsnow??

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
When you made the custom ipsw did you use Pwnage Tool in Expert Mode? You should have it in Expert Mode and when you get to the screen with the options and the slider on the bottom for the space. Make sure the option Activate phone is UNCHECKED. This is only needed for people who are unlocking and need to use a SIM not for the phone. You don't need this so I would say remake the ipsw and make sure you uncheck that option and reload the firmware.

phoon61

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
When you made the custom ipsw did you use Pwnage Tool in Expert Mode? You should have it in Expert Mode and when you get to the screen with the options and the slider on the bottom for the space. Make sure the option Activate phone is UNCHECKED. This is only needed for people who are unlocking and need to use a SIM not for the phone. You don't need this so I would say remake the ipsw and make sure you uncheck that option and reload the firmware.

This is what my issue was too a bit ago when i emailed you for help.

When in doubt, ask Ipheuria!!

Thanks man

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a similar problem. I didn't lose network coverage but after I did the redsnow jailbreak for 4.3.3 my network name changed to "waddup" and I don't know how to change it back to my service carrier. Help????

Craig69

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Wondering if I should reload the software to my phone. Everything else is fine but I am not to familiar with the way this operates

QUOTE=Ipheuria;1723868]When you made the custom ipsw did you use Pwnage Tool in Expert Mode? You should have it in Expert Mode and when you get to the screen with the options and the slider on the bottom for the space. Make sure the option Activate phone is UNCHECKED. This is only needed for people who are unlocking and need to use a SIM not for the phone. You don't need this so I would say remake the ipsw and make sure you uncheck that option and reload the firmware.[/QUOTE]

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2