Jailbreak/unlock iphone 4 overseas

Lea2493

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4 (iOS 4.3.3, baseband 04.10.01) that I bought from America and brought it overseas while it was still locked thinking I could unlock it here through redsn0w. I am now realizing that my baseband 04.10.01 cannot be jailbroken through this software. Many suggest that the Gevey SIM is the only method to unlock my phone, but I don't have a GSM network to dial 112 because my phone won't recognize any SIM overseas.

Is there anyway to solve this problem and jailbreak/unlock my phone?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You need to read through the forums to get a little more info on the topic. Jailbreak and Unlock is two seperate things. You can JB anything as long as there is a tool for your firmware. If you are trying to get the phone to work with a none standard SIM then you need it hacktivated however I think if you're going to use the Gevey SIM then you might not need to hacktivate. I would look up the Gevey SIM and see how it works.

If you need to hacktivate you have to use Pwnage Tool(Mac) or Sn0wbreeze(Windows). You put the tool in Export mode and make sure the Activate the phone option is checked. You'll find Pwnage Tool at iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials go to Tutorials, iPhone, Jailbreak. You can find Sn0wbreeze at iPhoneHeat look it up on Yahoo.