JB VZW Iphone 4 (4.2.8) loader flashes but won't install

polaraman

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm having some huge difficulty trying to find working directions to jailbreak my Verizon iPhone 4 running 4.2.8. I found a link that told me to use greenp0ison and i followed it. It said I successfully jailbroke it and it created the loader icon. However, when i click the loader icon, nothing happens. It acts like the screen will open up a new app, but it flashes and goes back the same screen. I have rebooted many times, i have re-JB'd, even had to restore my device because i got it stuck in recovery mode. So currently i'm still stuck with the loader icon that won't install Cydia. I've seen many people have this issue but i never saw what the fix was. What is the fix?

Is there a foolproof way to JB 4.2.8 ?

polaraman

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I can't post a link yet but I finally jailbroke my iPhone4. search for this link here on this site:

212528-ios-4-3-3-4-2-8-jailbreak-sn0wbreez-2-7-step-step-guide.html

Thanks everyone!

PsYcHoNeWb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm having some huge difficulty trying to find working directions to jailbreak my Verizon iPhone 4 running 4.2.8. I found a link that told me to use greenp0ison and i followed it. It said I successfully jailbroke it and it created the loader icon. However, when i click the loader icon, nothing happens. It acts like the screen will open up a new app, but it flashes and goes back the same screen. I have rebooted many times, i have re-JB'd, even had to restore my device because i got it stuck in recovery mode. So currently i'm still stuck with the loader icon that won't install Cydia. I've seen many people have this issue but i never saw what the fix was. What is the fix?

Is there a foolproof way to JB 4.2.8 ?

I was unaware that greenpois0n had a jailbreak for 4.2.8, I thought only redsn0w had one. I used redsn0w with the iREB tool you can get on the website and it worked flawlessly. If you can't get it to work with greenpois0n, I would say do a factory reset, and try the redsn0w method posted here.

If (and probably when) you get an Error 16xx (unable to restore error), load the iREB tool, select iPhone 4 while its in DFU mode and it will put it in PWN state so you can flash the IPSW file redsn0w created. Yea sounds a lot harder than greenpois0n but I'm the kind of person that doesn't want to wait :p.

Edit: must have posted this same time or close to you had the second post... sorry :X

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR