Signal / wifi bars

uf_gators

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
are u running any theme's , some themes won't allow mine to overide the logo icons. when I have them checked in winterboard. I am new to the Iphone, so I know there is a loop , to be able to do it in ifile or ssh it into. but I don't know ,and would like to know also...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I've tryed everything but nothing seems to work :(

Did you go through all the posts in that link I gave up above? It seemed like a few people had it working there. Maybe you could give us a screenshot of your filesystem--where you have the files inside the theme folder, what they are named, etc. That would make it a lot easier. And what device are you using?

Just for fun, try disabling Fake Carrier and see if that makes a difference.

itsdrewbruv

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Did you go through all the posts in that link I gave up above? It seemed like a few people had it working there. Maybe you could give us a screenshot of your filesystem--where you have the files inside the theme folder, what they are named, etc. That would make it a lot easier. And what device are you using?

Just for fun, try disabling Fake Carrier and see if that makes a difference.

Hey how do I acsess the file system? I'm new to JB haha

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey how do I acsess the file system? I'm new to JB haha

Check out youtube; look for things like iphone browser, ifunbox, winscp, and so on...basically they let you hook your phone up to your computer with the usb cord so you can browse the files on your phone via your laptop. Makes it really easy to see what goes where, or if something is named incorrectly, etc, all of which is essential to getting themes to work.

Everyone has their preference (I use iPhone Browser) so look at a few and see what you think. One word of caution: don't just go messing around with files without making backups--you could delete something that your phone needs to work. But once you choose one, there are a ton of tutorials out there on how to manipulate themes, icons, sounds, etc using these programs.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It's true that you can use ifile for stuff like this but I usually suggest people use a desktop program if they are new to theming and messing around with their iPhone files. It's just easier when you can see the bigger picture all at once. And if you screw up it's often easier to fix with a program that isn't on the same device you're trying to repair.

Jheri

May 29, 2011
www.jherievans.com
It's true that you can use ifile for stuff like this but I usually suggest people use a desktop program if they are new to theming and messing around with their iPhone files. It's just easier when you can see the bigger picture all at once. And if you screw up it's often easier to fix with a program that isn't on the same device you're trying to repair.
So so so true. iFile seems to have a few features that WinSCP doesn't have, but I haven't had any trouble with WinSCP not doing what I need it to, yet. And I'm definitely more comfortable with a desktop screen and drag and drop folders and such.

As to your problem, Drew, have you attempted turning off Fake Carrier and respringing? I just got Fake Carrier a few days ago and it was pretty buggy. I'm on the iPhone 4, redsn0w on 4.3.3.