No Cydia, no jailbreak?

safetyguy62

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I followed the instructions step by step on my Vzw ip4 but I may have done something wrong, I don't know. After the restore, and then a sync to get all of my apps and info back, there is no Cydia app anywhere. Is there supposed to be?

One thing that is a little lacking in all of the step by steps on jailbreaking is what to do after. I don't even know if the JB was successful. How can you tell?

Thanks

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
When you say "after the restore," what are you doing in your "restore" step? And which jb tutorial are you following?

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
When you say "after the restore," what are you doing in your "restore" step? And which jb tutorial are you following?

1. Build IPSW
2. Hold "shift" and click restore, pick custom built IPSW
3. Once complete, iTunes should recognize your phone and give you an option to restore your old iPhone information.
4. Restore, and you should be completely jailbroken

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Right. Just want to make sure the OP is restoring from backup and not Restoring with another ipsw in step 4.

aaimbrogno

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I had that problem. It turned out that I was just picking the regular iPhone software to restore to the device. I kept mistaking it for the one that sn0wbreeze created, because it was saved on my desktop, and sn0wbreeze was installing the version it created with Cydia on the desktop for another user on my computer. I never figured out why, but once I located the correct one on my computer it worked for me.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I had that problem. It turned out that I was just picking the regular iPhone software to restore to the device. I kept mistaking it for the one that sn0wbreeze created, because it was saved on my desktop, and sn0wbreeze was installing the version it created with Cydia on the desktop for another user on my computer. I never figured out why, but once I located the correct one on my computer it worked for me.

This is why I always tell peeps to save it in a folder "Custom" in order to seperate them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen