Is Your Iphone's Battery Life Better/Worse/Same After JailBreak???
View Poll Results: Is Your Iphone's Battery Life Better/Worse/Same After JailBreak?
- 29. You may not vote on this poll
05-30-2011 04:26 PM
- I just purchased my iPhone 4 about a month ago coming from Android & have been extremely pleased with the battery life so far. However, I want to JB & just install BiteSMS and LockInfo. How is battery life after JB'ing? Is it the same, worse, or better compared to stock battery life????05-20-2011 10:37 AM
- after a couple of years of tweaking mine is now the same as a non-jailbroken device lol. lately i have taken a more conservative approach on jailbreaking and only load apps/tweaks that make the device better than it already is
honestly, it is all dependent on what apps/tweaks are on the device. i would assume this thread should be all over the map regarding battery life/performance05-20-2011 10:43 AM
- from my experience LockInfo does indeed have some battery drain. it varies for everyone depending on how you have it configured. there are plugins that can be set to poll e.g. twitter, rss etc..
i believe there is a 14 day trial and if you jailbreak i would test it heavily if you are concerned about it
biteSMS works great for me. no issues at all regarding battery life05-20-2011 11:56 AM
- There are so many threads with this same question I feel like I've written my response too many times. I'm not trying to be a jerk OP but the same info is here you just gotta search. I get flamed when I ask without searching so I gotta pay it forward
I will say it one more time it is all relative to what you do with the JB. Many people who just want a reason to stay pure brought about this JB drains your battery issue. I have been JBen since the very first iPhone and I can honestly say I have never complained about my battery life while people who are Team Pure are complaining. I am however a very simple user and only use tweaks that really give me something I need. I also keep my theming simple by combining tweaks within my theme so there are only three things active in Winterboard out of four in total. If you use OpenSSH then turn it off when you're done using it and if you use things that display weather or any kind of info it has to pull it from somewhere so the shorter the polling time the more battery power it will use.05-20-2011 02:10 PMLike 1
- Here's a good tip for saving your battery with Lockinfo. Go to General>Hide Empty Sections, and turn it ON. It doesn't really matter how many plug-ins you have for Lockinfo, they won't appear unless they are being used. My battery life has always been the same, whether i'm jailbroken or not.05-20-2011 03:29 PMLike 2
- My iPhone 4 has been jailbroken since I bought it last November, and I learned that using only the most necessary tweaks has helped me become more productive without sacrificing the battery life. Like Ipheuria, I also theme my device, but I only have like... 2-3 things running. I'm also a big fan of Lockinfo. Even without using the "hide empty sections" option, my battery still lasts me 1.5-2 days, unless I'm playing a lot of games haha...05-20-2011 05:53 PMLike 1
- I have a few Star Wars themes that i like to rotate every week or so. I also have Lockinfo, and some tweaks and plug-ins, but my main thing is music and pictures. Maybe 800 pictures, and about 7gbs of music, but it usually takes about 3 days for my battery to get to 15% or 20%. I never had a battery issue, whether jailbroken or pure.05-20-2011 06:08 PM
- Here's a good tip for saving your battery with Lockinfo. Go to General>Hide Empty Sections, and turn it ON. It doesn't really matter how many plug-ins you have for Lockinfo, they won't appear unless they are being used. My battery life has always been the same, whether i'm jailbroken or not.
S/N: I'm leaning towards JB'ing & hopefully the batt life remains the same. As I mentioned before, I will only be installing 2 apps that aren't known to cause any issues as far as I've read.
Last edited by YaBoiD; 05-21-2011 at 04:49 PM.05-21-2011 04:46 PM
- My battery life is good, not superb. I have most of the Lockinfo plug-ins, except for Lock Weather (Native), and RSS Feeds (Native). I just have it set so that they don't appear on the lockscreen until they are utilized. I don't know if that helps my battery life or not, but i'm not complaining.05-22-2011 09:12 AM
- After careful consideration for 3 months since I got my iPhone, I finally decided to jailbreak. Battery life was definitely one of my biggest concerns, as well as possibly screwing something up and not knowing how to fix it, or making the phone laggy.
After being jailbroken for a few weeks, I can confidently say that I have not noticed a decrease in battery life at all. I don't use the weather plugin for lockinfo, but use it for calendar alerts, notifications, etc and I love it. Lockinfo+bitesms is enough reason to jailbreak alone, they really are that great! I have not had any major performance issues since jailbreaking, but the springboard has crashed twice, just requiring a respring, nothing major. I have been pretty minimal with jb apps, and I plan on keeping it that way. I have installed a couple of themes and can now say that I don't miss anything from android any more ( ok, maybe I still miss google navigation, but that really is it now).05-22-2011 08:48 PM
- Mine is the same... now.
I was using LockInfo, with the weather and notifications, and I was seeing a teeny bit of a drain. That, and I had so many things installed... I ended up restoring, upgrading to 4.2.8, and re-jailbreaking to clear it out. Now, with just Notified Pro, Popup Blocker, Infinifolders, and WeatherIcon, I have no noticeable battery tolls. It's great!05-22-2011 09:02 PM
I find if I play a game for 25-30 minutes (for example NBA Elite 2011) my battery life goes down at least 10-15%. This is with WIFI, BT, Notifications, Push, all off. Brightness less than half with auto-brightness off. Only cydia tweaks I have are SBSettings, Poof, Infinifolders.05-24-2011 08:28 AM
- I say worse by a small, yet noticeable amount. I was expecting the battery life to be worse however since I use Sublime HD Lock screen, biteSMS, LiveOS HD theme (with a digital clock on home screen) as well as some other goodies. A lot more running that on the stock Apple iOS. However, the battery life is still significantly better than my Thunderbolt.05-25-2011 11:18 AM
- I can honestly say that 4.3.3 has better battery life. So if you haven't I say upgrade. If you read through my thread about lockscreens sucking batterry life. Then you can see that now that I have upgraded to 4.3.3 it has honestly gone back to usual battery life with the same lockscreens that were sucking down battery power before.05-30-2011 04:26 PM
- Apple Software & Systems
- Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
Is Your Iphone's Battery Life Better/Worse/Same After JailBreak???
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD