Is Your Iphone's Battery Life Better/Worse/Same After JailBreak???

Is Your Iphone's Battery Life Better/Worse/Same After JailBreak?

• Same

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Worse

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Better

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I just purchased my iPhone 4 about a month ago coming from Android & have been extremely pleased with the battery life so far. However, I want to JB & just install BiteSMS and LockInfo. How is battery life after JB'ing? Is it the same, worse, or better compared to stock battery life????

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
after a couple of years of tweaking mine is now the same as a non-jailbroken device lol. lately i have taken a more conservative approach on jailbreaking and only load apps/tweaks that make the device better than it already is

honestly, it is all dependent on what apps/tweaks are on the device. i would assume this thread should be all over the map regarding battery life/performance

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I was hoping the battery performance wouldn't change that much since I only want to install those 2 apps.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
from my experience LockInfo does indeed have some battery drain. it varies for everyone depending on how you have it configured. there are plugins that can be set to poll e.g. twitter, rss etc..

i believe there is a 14 day trial and if you jailbreak i would test it heavily if you are concerned about it

biteSMS works great for me. no issues at all regarding battery life

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Agreed?the only real question is what you enable in Lockinfo: how often you update the weather forecast, whether or not you use it for rss feeds, and so on. I run it light and have no issues with my battery life. Try it out!

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
That's some good info. I didn't know LockInfo had so many options...I will definitely have to make sure I adjust the polling intervals.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
There are so many threads with this same question I feel like I've written my response too many times. I'm not trying to be a jerk OP but the same info is here you just gotta search. I get flamed when I ask without searching so I gotta pay it forward :D

I will say it one more time it is all relative to what you do with the JB. Many people who just want a reason to stay pure brought about this JB drains your battery issue. I have been JBen since the very first iPhone and I can honestly say I have never complained about my battery life while people who are Team Pure are complaining. I am however a very simple user and only use tweaks that really give me something I need. I also keep my theming simple by combining tweaks within my theme so there are only three things active in Winterboard out of four in total. If you use OpenSSH then turn it off when you're done using it and if you use things that display weather or any kind of info it has to pull it from somewhere so the shorter the polling time the more battery power it will use.

Reactions: H_D

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Here's a good tip for saving your battery with Lockinfo. Go to General>Hide Empty Sections, and turn it ON. It doesn't really matter how many plug-ins you have for Lockinfo, they won't appear unless they are being used. My battery life has always been the same, whether i'm jailbroken or not.

Reactions: Gigi100557 and H_D

bizfox

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My iPhone 4 has been jailbroken since I bought it last November, and I learned that using only the most necessary tweaks has helped me become more productive without sacrificing the battery life. Like Ipheuria, I also theme my device, but I only have like... 2-3 things running. I'm also a big fan of Lockinfo. Even without using the "hide empty sections" option, my battery still lasts me 1.5-2 days, unless I'm playing a lot of games haha...

Reactions: H_D

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a few Star Wars themes that i like to rotate every week or so. I also have Lockinfo, and some tweaks and plug-ins, but my main thing is music and pictures. Maybe 800 pictures, and about 7gbs of music, but it usually takes about 3 days for my battery to get to 15% or 20%. I never had a battery issue, whether jailbroken or pure.

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Here's a good tip for saving your battery with Lockinfo. Go to General>Hide Empty Sections, and turn it ON. It doesn't really matter how many plug-ins you have for Lockinfo, they won't appear unless they are being used. My battery life has always been the same, whether i'm jailbroken or not.

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't aware of that option. I imagine it would make it look cleaner. :D

S/N: I'm leaning towards JB'ing & hopefully the batt life remains the same. As I mentioned before, I will only be installing 2 apps that aren't known to cause any issues as far as I've read.

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
LockInfo users

so you guys who are using LockInfo and are claiming superb battery life; i'd be curious what plugins you are currently using..

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is good, not superb. I have most of the Lockinfo plug-ins, except for Lock Weather (Native), and RSS Feeds (Native). I just have it set so that they don't appear on the lockscreen until they are utilized. I don't know if that helps my battery life or not, but i'm not complaining.

eye4ni

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
After careful consideration for 3 months since I got my iPhone, I finally decided to jailbreak. Battery life was definitely one of my biggest concerns, as well as possibly screwing something up and not knowing how to fix it, or making the phone laggy.

After being jailbroken for a few weeks, I can confidently say that I have not noticed a decrease in battery life at all. I don't use the weather plugin for lockinfo, but use it for calendar alerts, notifications, etc and I love it. Lockinfo+bitesms is enough reason to jailbreak alone, they really are that great! I have not had any major performance issues since jailbreaking, but the springboard has crashed twice, just requiring a respring, nothing major. I have been pretty minimal with jb apps, and I plan on keeping it that way. I have installed a couple of themes and can now say that I don't miss anything from android any more ( ok, maybe I still miss google navigation, but that really is it now).

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine is the same... now.

I was using LockInfo, with the weather and notifications, and I was seeing a teeny bit of a drain. That, and I had so many things installed... I ended up restoring, upgrading to 4.2.8, and re-jailbreaking to clear it out. Now, with just Notified Pro, Popup Blocker, Infinifolders, and WeatherIcon, I have no noticeable battery tolls. It's great!

iRandom

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently running iOS 4.3.3 on my main device, which is an iPod Touch 4G. I haven't personally noticed any change in battery life since jailbreaking.

barrist

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently running iOS 4.3.3 on my main device, which is an iPod Touch 4G. I haven't personally noticed any change in battery life since jailbreaking.

What is your battery life like? I just got an iPod Touch 4G, but jailbroke it right away so don't really have non-jailbreak to compare it with.

I find if I play a game for 25-30 minutes (for example NBA Elite 2011) my battery life goes down at least 10-15%. This is with WIFI, BT, Notifications, Push, all off. Brightness less than half with auto-brightness off. Only cydia tweaks I have are SBSettings, Poof, Infinifolders.

azntonyking

May 21, 2011
Visit site
When I had my original iphone jailbroken on 4.2.6, I noticed a slight decrease in battery life and performance. But I guess you just had to look at the trade-off of what you're getting in the place of those few percentages.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2