jailbreak 4.2.8

roop21

May 19, 2011
Visit site
hey i was going to jailbreak my iphone soon. I am on 4.2.8 and baseband 1.0.06 and
a) what program should I use? (windows or mac)
b) is there any way my iphone could be bricked?
c) i was reading places that something to do with the baseband number can screw up or brick the iphone?
d) does the baseband number have to do with anything with the jailbreak?
Thanks a lot

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I have the official 4.2.8 for VZW and I used sn0wbreeze for PC. You download the file and snowbreeze complies a custom one. After that it's uploaded through iTunes. Hit up the jailbreak sub forum.

Alveezy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
o aright thanks a lot and the baseband number dosent do anything or mean anything when jailbreaking right?

you don't have to worry about your baseband since your on a legit carrier and probably the only carrier that your CDMA iPhone will work too. the reason why some jailbreaks require a certain baseband is to preserve it on a working "unlock", this gives you the ability to use more than one carrier. this is only a GSM feature(iPhone's with sim cards). if your going to jailbreak it, i highly suggest on using sn0wbreeze because you will not run into any errors. you can only use this program on a Windows PC(non-virtual).

roop21

May 19, 2011
Visit site
you don't have to worry about your baseband since your on a legit carrier and probably the only carrier that your CDMA iPhone will work too. the reason why some jailbreaks require a certain baseband is to preserve it on a working "unlock", this gives you the ability to use more than one carrier. this is only a GSM feature(iPhone's with sim cards). if your going to jailbreak it, i highly suggest on using sn0wbreeze because you will not run into any errors. you can only use this program on a Windows PC(non-virtual).

wait what do you mean non virtual exactly...?

FrekeyZeeky

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Dont overthink jailbreaking. Its very easy to do and very easy to undo. If you do want to give it a shot, hit up ih8snow.com and follow the directions for Mac (if you have an apple computer) or windows (if you are running windows)

Im sure there is a walk-through for snowbreeze, as well, in the jailbreak section.

boogaloo1

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Did it last night and it worked great! It takes awhile, so give yourself plenty of time. Also, make sure to backup your device on iTunes before jailbreaking.

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Baseband doesn't matter on Verizon iPhone. I recommend you jailbreak through Redsn0w. Go to blog.iPhone-dev.org. To browse for the firmware just search for felixbruns firmware on google. Select the firmware you are on and you are ready to jailbreak. Hope this worked! Remember to backup your iPhone wit iTunes before you jailbreak!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

You mentioned Mac or Windows so he's saying you can use it on a Windows PC not a Mac running Windows virtually. I don't think that is correct though because I run Windows virtually and I've used Sn0wbreeze before successfully but that is for AT&T firmware so the Verizon firmware seems to be jacked up.

OK although everyone has given you all the answers I'll consolidate them. Don't overthink the Jailbreak(JB) it's a simple process and if you try to make it complicated and use too many tools it can get messy and confusing. It's good that you're asking questions :D The baseband is only a concern for unlockers it has nothing to do with JB. You can use Pwnage Tool(Mac) or Sn0wbreeze(Windows) and Redsn0w(Windows). I've heard that Pwnage Tool with the bundles for the Verizon firmware is not very sucessful. So I would stick to Sn0wbreeze like someone said just search on here for my username or for Sn0wbreeze I've given out the link a million times.

Get the version of Sn0wbreeze for the version of firmware you're trying to JB. When you are ready put it into Expert Mode and follow the instructions, make sure you Uncheck the option Activate the phone. This is for an unlocker you do not need that. Then once the ipsw is created you will put your phone into DFU mode and open iTunes it will recognize a device in recovery mode hold down your shift key and click on restore. Then browse to the custom ipsw you made with Sn0wbreeze. It will reload the firmware so make sure you backup and sync before you begin the process.

When you're done it will ask if you want to restore from the last backup, this will do nothing to the JB it is the settings and data on your device not the firmware. You can choose yes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2