Jail break with Green poison untethered but currently tethered with redsnow

polvoson

May 19, 2011
Visit site
How to jail break with Green poison untethered but currently tethered with redsnow

Hey guys
First time post here, I hope someone can help because this is getting very frustrating

I have an ipad 1. Its jail broken with rednsow tethered, on 4.2.1

I would like to jailbreak untethered. So i tried green poison and it is not working. I believe it is because the ipad is already jail broken with redsnow. So I was going to reset and start from scratch but itunes wants to update me to 4.3.3, which for obvious reasons is bad idea.

Is there a way to reset to factory settings without updating the OS?

Or is there a way to jailbreak untethered from my current state?

Thanks

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I know that some of the redsn0w tethered jailbreaks can be updated when the untether comes out simply by rerunning redsn0w (but deselecting the options like Cydia, etc. so that all you're doing is rerunning the actual jailbreak). Not sure if that's an option at your FW, but it's worth looking into. But first check out the links below.

Note especially that the first one has an update about using Greenpois0n over a tethered redsn0w jb! From that it sound like it should work for you:
Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 Untethered on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod, Apple TV with GreenPois0n RC5 | Redmond Pie
Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 Untethered iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod touch with Redsn0w 0.9.7 [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I second the updating to 4.3.3 but since your iPad is JBen right now go into Cydia and make sure it has SHSH blobs saved for your current firmware. You will see the firmware across the top of Cydia that it has saved for your device. In the future this would allow you to downgrade or even reload firmware staying at the same level.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2