3GS Man did I mess it up????

fordfalcon

May 6, 2011
Visit site
3GS Man did I mess it up ????

Ok I had my 3GS on 3.1.3 jail broken and unlocked. But I just couldn't leave it alone as I wanted to load some apps that need 4.0.

So off I went to 4.3.3 and 6.15. took some doing but I got it upgraded and unlocked using sn0wbreeze-v2.7.3

THEN I restored it through itunes to the backup of the 3.1.3 Never even thought about it "duh"

Now I have tried about everything i could find to get it going but I hit a wll and get errors in itunes when trying to fix it. Started out eith the connect to itunes screen and then worked up to black screen and unable to power it down or get any response and now back to connect screen..............

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You seem very knowledgable so how did you make such a mistake?

You are on the iPad baseband you can't use anything and I mean ANYTHING except Pwnage Tool and Sn0wbreeze to upgrade or reload your firmware. So if you still have the 4.3.3 custom firmware you made with Sn0wbreeze put it into DFU mode open iTunes and hold down the Shift button and click restore and point to the ipsw. If you don't have it anymore then just redo the steps in Sn0wbreeze to make another ipsw again, you are unlocked so make sure Sn0wbreeze is in Expert mode and that Activate the phone is checked. If you get any errors then you may need to fix your hosts file search on here for my name and threads I've created, look for the What to do if you can't upgrade using iTunes.

Once you're JBen again go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials look in Tutorials, iPhone, Unlock and follow the steps.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner