Notified Pro Thread

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Notified

long time LockInfo user here and after using it for a while i have realized that it may be time for a change..

i do like the look of Notified Pro but the support/updates are slow. i know that this is a little side project but hopefully we can have some members here help with any issues/problems that may arise

i just downloaded v1.99.5-3 (beta) today and it crashes every time i try to use a swipe gesture, anyone else? [iPhone 4 4.3.3]

Last edited:

eksoccer99

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
same here. long time lockinfo users, possibly ready for a change. The NP beta installs but nothing else happens/works. (iphone 4 4.3.3 j/b sn0wbreeze) pull down works but no notification goes thru NP app. NO mail/email, messages/txt, kik, liveprofile. N O T H I N G!!!! non-beta version i get to work but even the mail beta separated installed; screws up my Mail/email 'push'.

eksoccer99

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
same here. long time lockinfo users, possibly ready for a change. The NP beta installs but nothing else happens/works. (iphone 4 4.3.3 j/b sn0wbreeze) pull down works but no notification goes thru NP app. NO mail/email, messages/txt, kik, liveprofile. N O T H I N G!!!! non-beta version i get to work but even the mail beta separated installed; screws up my Mail/email 'push'.

Blink, i'm getting to wonder it's not comp. with 4.3.3, as stated in the other thread "Notification App", couple of users stating 4.3.2.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
well i am not sure if v1.99.5-3 is a recent update.. last week when i was playing around with Notified Pro it was working fine, i was just having a difficult time finding the right configuration

the Notification Bar for Notified feature looks pretty sweet but i couldn't get it to work

GriP for Notified Pro, i feel, gets away from the iOS look

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
for anyone on 4.3.3 that might be having the sudden safe mode issue try this, it appears it has worked for me:

*remove the beta

*search for Notified Pro in Cydia and download the non-beta version

*now add the beta repo
Code:
http://beta.notifiedapp.com

*then update.. i also added the newly updated Notification Bar for Notified 1.6

Edit: i should add that i was only downloading the beta version and never had the non beta installed originally

so far no crashing and all seems to be working well. i will update this thread later regarding any issues, if any at all

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
so far so good. no crashing and seems very stable and the Notification Bar for Notified 1.6 works great as well

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
biteSMS workaround with Notified Pro (beta)

after tweaking with the beta Notified and the Notification Bar for Notified 1.6 i figured this out..

i'm sure someone out there already knows about this or has seen it somewhere so i apologize in advance

BiteSMS > Settings > Lock Screen Mode > Show Apple Alert

BiteSMS > Settings > Unlock Screen Mode > Show Apple Alert

Notified Settings > Manage Redirections

33lgw3n.jpg

Tap '+' to add a redirection

r0c8km.jpg

so far from what i have noticed when replying from the Notification Bar for Notified 1.6 it will take you directly into that SMS conversation within the bite app

when selecting the SMS from the list of notifications it will take you to the list of SMS conversations in the bite app

EDIT: just noticed that the SMS tone, and vibrate if selected, are doubled up haha not cool

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
battery life has been amazing. when i was using LI it was never like this

187c39d0-0a53-d6d3.jpg

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
also, i have decided to remove bitesms and use the native sms exclusively with Notified to use it to it's full potential. anxious to see how that goes

frozinwater

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
what are the advantages of using this over LI? Can you get custom notifications in the status bar, for example the facebook logo in the statusbar instead of a random notification symbol?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
with Notified, as you may already know, there is only 1 icon that is displayed on the statusbar. however, with the addition of Notification Bar for Notified 1.6 it will display the notification right underneath the statusbar; a preview if you will. at this point you have the option to view the message in the list of saved notifications by a gesture, deleting the preview or actually going into the app itself

what really draws me into this app is the clean look it has, it looks and feels like the native OS. which is perfect for anyone who is concerned with that. there are some 3rd party plugins for Notified but what i have seen & used they go away from that native look, but i am still playing with this so i cannot say for sure

regrading emails; as of now i do not believe there are any plugins that play nice with the beta version (anyone?) this does not really concern me since i am constantly checking my my phone for one thing or another anyways

for the Calendar i use RemindMeLater and have it ignored within the Notified settings. very-very useful tweak!

dont get me wrong LockInfo is great but as of late i have been been looking for something different and Notified, so far, is the next best thing imo. my advice for any LockInfo users wanting to give this a try would be patient. it is a different style/method but not "in your face" as LI would be but after you get used to it it is pretty convenient and has great potential

the way i understand it there are 2 devs that work on this in their spare time. it is a work in progress and the same goes for me getting used to it and finding the best way it works, for me

lastly, my battery life has greatly improved since not reloading LI onto my device after my most recent restore. i am not saying that LockInfo is a battery killer but the way i had mine setup while using LI compared to my setup with Notified are like day & night

..it is odd not using LockInfo but i am starting like Notified

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
well it looks like trying to stick with the native SMS is more painful than i imagined and i depend on bite a lot so..

also..

To get the messages to scroll in the status bar download this >> StatusbarNotifications.dylib And then drop it here "/Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries"

to anyone who is currently using this; am i missing something?? i can get it to work and scroll but the text is difficult to see on the statusbar because the background doesn't change. the graphics and text behind still remain (signal bars, 3G or wifi, carrier etc..) it seems like the background should turn a solid color when the scrolling preview is on

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
well it looks like trying to stick with the native SMS is more painful than i imagined and i depend on bite a lot so..

also..

to anyone who is currently using this; am i missing something?? i can get it to work and scroll but the text is difficult to see on the statusbar because the background doesn't change. the graphics and text behind still remain (signal bars, 3G or wifi, carrier etc..) it seems like the background should turn a solid color when the scrolling preview is on

I find that plugin to be unstable... When I had it installed on the regular Notified Pro it worked, but when I installed the beta it did the same thing you describe. I use the beta notified bar and loooove it :)

I'm glad you got it working! I realized too late that the beta is an update, not a full app, so you have to have the original installed first haha.

Just out of curiosity, why do you still use bitesms? I found that the quick reply was my only reason to use bitesms, and since I eliminated all popups except extreme weather, I all of a sudden found it annoying haha. What other benefits does it have? I admit I didn't really delve into it hahah, and I'm wondering if I'm missing out on something haha!

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
For those considering using Notified Pro, here are some pictures of the beta (which is a HUGE improvement on the regular app) to help (as the official website is very vague):

The "!" in the statusbar is the notification icon for everything but mail. Mail gets you a little envelope icon. The notification banner at the top is the beta notification bar thing that's also in the beta repo. It slides down, an holding dismisses it and double tapping opens it. It works for every app, which is a huge improvement over LI imho. I have activator set to let me open Notified by dragging down from the statusbar, a la Android. The second image is what that looks like. This is the equivalent to InfoShade in LI. Overall the UI is gorgeous and very professional- it looks like it belongs in iOS. I pretty much JB for this haha :)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i have found that my main need for bitesms is the quick compose feature. i am still giving the native SMS a go with this.. it is taking some getting used to haha!

how are you getting the mail icon on your statusbar? what are you using?

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I use bitesms for the quick reply. I love being able to respond to a text without having to close the app.

As for notifier I am still adapting. I just downloaded the beta last night. I use LI for the calendar info. I love being able to see my calendar from wherever I am. So I don't know if notifier will be a replacement for LI for me, but will maybe work in conjunction with it.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
yeah, i do not see myself staying with the native SMS too much longer. biteSMS is just a great tweak for the avid SMS user (which i am :D)

Notified is definitely growing on me. i just wish the OpenNotifier statusbar icons worked..

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73