Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

262 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,164 Global Posts

Default New text tones

I am jailbroken and was wondering how to get new text tones. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this has been asked recently. I have seen older threads with this info but was wondering if there was any updated info.
    iMore Genius

7,265 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,332 Global Posts

You can use BiteSMS to use any ringtones as text tones as well as set tones for specific people. I am working on using a theme to change the default system tones I'll update the thread once I've had a chance to finish it up. You should also be able to follow the sticky at one of the Jailbreak forums either this one or the other one to do it but it will require you to SSH into your phone.
    iPhone Intermediate

103 Posts

Try tonefx in cydia. It works great. It will store all the tones that you download in cydia as well as tones that comes with themes that you install into it's app and allows you to set tones for things like new SMS, new email, lock and unlock sounds etc.
    iMore Beginner

54 Posts
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts

Must you have the paid version of Bitesms to be able to assign a specific tone to a contact? I've been looking for a setting to do this with the free version and can't find it.